Twenty

Z

It's been a week since we got back, all Belphegor and I did was sleep. As it turns out, we have been in a coma for two years. TWO YEARS! Although it felt less for us. Beel and Mammon have been babying me so much, that's it cute to a certain extent.

The new and last school year was going to start in a month, so Belphegor and I had to catch up as soon as possible. I tried my best to avoid my parents as much as possible, I wasn't ready to see them. With Diavolo, I also try to avoid him but sometimes it's impossible.

I twirled my pencil with my fingers, thinking about the problem in front of me. I looked over to Belphegor, "Did you understand number 44?"

He drops his pencil, "I'm only on number 2." He looked at me with a serious face.

"Only 2? So you only did one question in 1 hour?" He looks at his work and then back at me, nodding. I sighed and covered my face. "Get closer, I'll help you with that one." He slides his chair over to me and I started to explain the question to him.

After he got it, he stood up, "That was hard, I think I'll take a nap now."

I was going to stop him, but Lucifer came in with the brothers, followed by Diavolo and Barbatos. Diavolo smiled brightly and I smiled back shyly. "Sit." Lucifer glared at Belphegor as he sat down on one of the chairs. Beel and Mammon grabbed the seats next to me.

"Diavolo has something to announce," Lucifer spoke first.

"So, as you know, the exchange program was a success. So, I thought about it real hard and decided to do it again this year. The only thing is that Simeon, Luke, and Solomon would like to come back, so I can't say no to that. Since two of each is required, a new human student will be attending the school since my sister is officially a permanent resident of Devildom. I hope we can make him feel welcome." Diavolo announced.

"Awe. I was hoping for another female human, but the male will do." Asmo chuckled as everyone rolled their eyes.

"It's our last year, so we need to start focusing on our plans after graduating. Once you decide on what you plan on doing, make sure to let Barbatos know, so we can help you make the necessary moves." We all nodded at Diavolo. After he finished saying what he wanted to say, everyone got up.

I gathered my books and was about to slip away until Mammon stopped me. "Hey babe, I think it's time you speak with him face to face properly."

I look over to Beel, so he can help me, but he nods to what Mammon said. "I don't know if I can?"

"You'll have to face it sooner or later, why not do it now. Both your parents want to meet you." Beel softly brushed my hair.

"Speak to Diavolo first, if he can convince to see them, then you should. If he doesn't then we won't bother you again." Mammon smiled at me and poked my cheek.

"Since when did you guys become so smart," I mumbled.

"Hey, we're smarter than we look, ya know." Mammon grabbed both my cheeks and started pinching them.

"Oww, okay okay. I'll go talk to him." I pouted and looked up at them, trying my luck again.

Their cheeks turned rosy and they quickly looked away. "It's not going to work this time. Go on. Oh wait, we love you." Beel kissed the top of my head, and Mammon cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

Mammon took my books, and Beel pushed me forwards Diavolo. "We'll wait in your room," Mammon whispered, they waved and walked away.

Diavolo finished saying something to Lucifer and walked up to me. "Let's go." He took my hand, and we walked out of the House of Lamentation.

He brought us to where we first had a conversation. The pond was pitched dark, I looked over scared of what could be lurking in there. We sat down under the big tree. We sat there quietly at first.

"I know all this is crazy, and it must be very hard for you." He spoke first, "I want you to rely on me more, I am your big brother." He chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"I know you're also trying your best to make me comfortable. I appreciate it. It's hard to believe that people who I trusted and loved, weren't who they said to be." I looked down at my hands.

"I get it, and they are the reason why you are so distant. You're scared that we're the same, but trust me we are not. You have the ability to find the truth out, you can test me." He looked over at me.

"If I have this power then why didn't I know they were lying!? Why did it feel like they were telling me the truth?" I felt my eyes burn.

"Because their lies are their truths. Since they believed what they told you so heartfully, how could you have noticed? But if you give your mom a chance, she can help you become stronger so you don't get fooled again." He closed his eyes. "I... I want us to become a family. I know a demon shouldn't want such wonderful things, but I can't help it. I was so excited when I found out I had a little sister, and more excited that it was you. When I found out how they brainwashed you, I wanted to gut them and make sure they could never reincarnate again. I couldn't protect you because I didn't know you existed. But now you are here, and I want to protect you. I want to be the big brother you can come crying to when someone hurts you, when you need someone to talk to, I want to be everything you need." His voice cracked as he tried to hold back his tears.

I felt my warm tears run down my face. "Please give me a chance. Then little by little, I can help you get close to our dad and your mom. You know they wanted you more than anything, they were fooled just like you. They don't deserve to be hated by you, but instead, they hate themselves for not trying to find out if you were really dead. If they just looked for you, then everything would have been different. Please give us a chance." He stood up and fell on his knees in front of me, his face covered in tears.

"What are you doing?" I cried, getting up I tried to help him stand up, but he didn't move. I cried more and finally gave up, falling in front of him. "How can I hate you, when you make it impossible." I tried to wipe my tears away, but they still kept coming. "I've never had a big brother, so you have to bear with me."

"Please..." He stopped and looked at me, "What did you say?"

"I'll give you the chance, but stop crying. You look ugly when you cry." I cried louder.

He laughed as he cried, "You should stop crying." He reached over and engulfed me with a hug. He was so big, I felt like a little kitten in his arms.

We just sat there trying to make each other stop crying, and laughed at how ugly we were both looking.