Twenty-Two

I give Beel and Mammon a kiss on their forehead. "I'm only leaving for a week. Stop pouting so much." I giggle as both of them look like lost puppies.

"But you're going to be alone with HIM." Mammon points and glares at Lucifer.

"I'd put that greedy finger away if I was you," Lucifer growled at him. Mammon jumped a little and put his arm down quickly. Lucifer turned to look at me, "Are you ready?"

I smiled and nodded. I gave them one last kiss and a hug. "I'll be back before you know it." I smiled at them and left the house with Lucifer.

It didn't take long for us to arrive at my house in the human realm. I flop down on my couch and Lucifer starts looking around. "So this is a human home."

"Are you hungry? We can go to the supermarket and buy some things to make. I'm kinda in the mood for some Japanese." I smiled at him.

"You can cook?" Lucifer lifted an eyebrow towards me. I nodded, "Okay, let's go get the stuff you need."

I jump up and grab my bag. Lucifer follows me out of the house, and we get in my yellow Hummer. "I forgot about my car. Do you think I can take it with me?" I looked over at Lucifer after I finished buckling up.

"I don't see why not." He gave me a small smile. I beamed at him and we drove off.

When we got to the supermarket, I grabbed a cart and Lucifer took it from me, "I'll take it." He walked ahead of me and I ran to catch up to him. We walked towards the fruits and veggies. I picked everything I was going to get, I think I'll make a few things for him. He probably never tried Japanese food.

I nodded to myself, as I turned to look for Lucifer, he wasn't where I left him. I found him in the ice cream section looking at something. I peeked over his shoulder, and he's staring intensely at the mochi ice cream. "Do you want some? They're really good." When I spoke he looked away quickly. 

"It's okay, no need." It was obvious he wanted to try.

I giggled and picked one of each flavor. When I placed them in the cart Lucifer looked confused and was about to say something. "I'm craving some, so..." I looked away shyly and walked away. I look from the corner of my eye and see him blushing.

I smiled at myself. We finished getting everything for dinner and other things we'd need for our stay. When we waited in line to pay, a small group of women came from behind and started giggling.

"He's so handsome." One woman giggled.

"I know, do you think the girl is his girlfriend?" The other whispered to the first woman.

"Nah, I don't think so, maybe she's his baby sister. He's too good-looking to be dating her." Another one butts.

I put my hands on my hips and glared at them. His baby sister?! I can have him if I want him! As if I'd let you stupid women get close to him. If you dare try to talk to him, I'll jump you...Why do I sound like someone?

"Pfft." I look up and see Lucifer covering his mouth trying to keep himself from laughing. "Why are you making such faces? Are you really bothered about them?"

I straighten myself up, I bite my lip feeling my cheeks burn up. "N-n-no."

Lucifer smiles and grabs my hand as if trying to show off to the women, he brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it. "You don't have to worry about any other women, I chose you to be my wife. So I only have eyes for you."

I felt like I exploded. W-w-wife?! Why would he say something like that? He could have said girlfriend, but a wife? I felt my face turning more red than normal. I think I'm going to die of embarrassment.

The three women looked disappointed and walked away. "Wife?" I whispered at him. "Are you crazy?"

"While we're here, you and I are husband and wife, okay. We don't want people wondering why I'm always with you if I'm not you man." He said casually.

When we got back home, he helped me put everything away. After I took my shower, he went in. I started cooking while he was in the bath. This felt weird. I mean I cook for Beel all the time, but Lucifer never really tried my cooking. Hopefully, he likes it.

Lucifer comes out and looks over my shoulder. "Do you need help?" I jump and turn to face him.

When I looked at him, he was shirtless, water dripping down his body. I quickly looked away, "U-um no, it's okay I'm almost done, why don't you go hang out on the porch."

He tried to look at my face, but I tried to keep him from looking at how red my face is. I felt him smirk and he left. I sighed and went back to cooking.

"Dinners ready," I called out to Lucifer as I placed the last dish on the table.

When he came in, he was in awe at the amount of food. "You made so much, it looks tasty."

I smiled and explained to him the dishes. "This is sukiyaki, that's tempura udon, that's salmon onigiri, that's Hiroshima-style okonomiyaki, miso soup, and curry."

Lucifer sat down and didn't know where to start. I went for okonomiyaki first. Then he got a little bit of everything else. "This is delicious. Who would have known you could cook like this."

"Beel knows, he is always asking me to make something for him, so I ranged myself to make other different things as well." I smiled as I took a bite of curry.

Lucifer loses his smile slowly, "He is one lucky demon."

"Yea, I think so too." I tilted my head when I saw him get serious, "Is the food not of your liking?" 

"No, it's quite delicious. Thank you. Tomorrow let's go and see about the house." Lucifer smiled sadly.

I nodded, and we finished dinner quietly.