Twenty - Six

I froze. Z stepped in before I could stop myself. She laid on the floor motionless. Everything around me went mute. My brothers ran towards her and started panicking. Why... Why did she step in?

I slowly backed up. I just hurt the most precious person to me. I looked down at my hands. What did I do?

Narrator

Belphegor ran up to Beelzebub, "Beel are you alright? Hey Beel!" Beelzebub backed up, not knowing what to do. Mammon ran out to look for Barbatos. Lucifer picked Z up and ran out of the room with her. "Beel snaps out of it, Z needs us." Belphegor shook Beelzebub until he snapped out of the trance he was in.

"Z!" Beelzebub ran out following the rest of his brothers. They took Z to her room and placed her on the bed. Beelzebub ran up to her. "What did I do?"

"You didn't do anything." Lucifer tried to calm him down.

Beelzebub slapped away Lucifer's hand. "It's just as much your fault as its mines. If I hurt her, I'll never forgive you or me." Beelzebub made his hands into fists and looked down.

"Beel, it wasn't anyone's fault. It was just an accident." Leviathan went up to him and tried to calm him down.

"She's here!" Mammon came in with Barbatos and Diavolo.

Barbatos went straight to Z, while Diavolo stood by the door and looked at the brothers. "Lucifer, Beelzebub, and Belphegor let's go to the study." He didn't say anymore and walked out.

The brothers all looked at each other and the three called, walked out.

"It seems my sister is always in some danger when she's with you," Diavolo spoke as the door closed behind them. "I have immense respect for you Lucifer and your brothers, but when it comes to my sister, I can't tolerate it."

"It was an accident," Lucifer assured him.

Diavolo sat down and looked at Beelzebub, "Do you know why Lucifer hid Belphegor?" He looked upset at Belphegor.

Beelzebub shook his head, "No, but I want to know why."

"Alright." Diavolo looked straight into Beelzebub's eyes. "Lucifer hid him because of me. I wanted him dead." Beelzebub's face went white and he backed away. "You do remember how your little sister Lilith was killed, right? Belphegor started hating humans after her death. When he found out about my plan for the exchange program, he was furious. He tried talking to Lucifer to stop me, but Lucifer didn't. Which caused him to act out and plot against me. So, instead of having him dead, Lucifer locked him away. Not just from you, but from me as well."

"Belphegor." Beelzebub looked over at his brother with sad eyes.

"The only reason he is still here and alive is because he saved my sister. If it wasn't because of that, and only that, he wouldn't be alive today." Diavolo looked at Belphegor. "Now, since everything is said, I'll take my sister with me. She won't be staying here anymore."

"But Diavolo!" Lucifer stepped in front of him. "She likes it here."

"She's bonded to us." Beelzebub lowered his head, upset.

"I don't care." Diavolo walked out and headed to Z's room, leaving them behind.

"It's my fault." Beelzebub didn't lookup.

Lucifer walked up to him, "It's mine as well. If I had told you the truth from the beginning this wouldn't have happened."

"Are you guys just going to let him take her?" Belphegor stepped in.

"We don't have much say in this. He is Z's brother and the king of this realm. We can't go up against him. When Z wakes up she'll convince him." Lucifer smiled softly at them.

"Well, I'm not letting him take her." Belphegor headed to the door.

"Do you love her?" Belphegor stopped and stood there. "Do you love her?" He turned around and saw Beelzebub looking at him.

"W...w... what?" Belphegor stuttered.

"I said do you love her?" Beelzebub got closer to him. "Why do you want to keep him from taking her?"

Belphegor chuckled softly, "Well, because she's important to you right? You and her bonded, so it's natural for you two to be together. I'm doing it for you." He couldn't look him in his eyes.

"Oh, I see. Then don't worry about it. She can decide when she wakes up as Lucifer said." Beelzebub looked sad and walked out.

Belphegor smiled, "Did I say something wrong?" He asked Lucifer.

Lucifer placed his hand on his shoulder, "Z is in love with you. She told us all before she got hurt. That's why Beelzebub was looking for you. He wanted to tell you and hoped you loved her too. He wanted you to be happy as well. She knew for a while, but you always avoided her, and I'm guessing it's because you don't want to hurt Beelzebub and Mammon. But it's quite the opposite, they want you to be happy with them." He patted his shoulder and walked out leaving Belphegor by himself.

Diavolo

I can't take my eyes away from her for a minute unless something happens. I know she'll be upset but I have to keep her safe. When I reached her room, I let the other brothers know I'm taking her. Of course, Mammon wasn't too happy about it, but I had Satan hold him down.

"Barbatos let's go." Barbatos nodded, and we stood next to Z. I waved my arm and purple smoke consumed us. When it cleared up, we were in my room at the castle. "Go get her room ready," I ordered Barbatos.

I sat down next to her and took her hand, "I'm sorry but this is for your safety. I hope you understand." I leaned in and kissed her on her forehead. I made sure she was tucked in well and walked out.

"The room's ready." Barbatos bowed.

I nodded, "How is she?"

"She's fine. The hit left her unconscious, but she should wake up soon. Her demon side was able to keep her from getting hurt badly. I'll go and make her something to eat." Barbatos excused himself.

I make my way to the library when my father stops me. "Did you bring your sister here?" He asked.

"Yes. She got hurt because of the brothers." I crossed my arms.

"Diavolo, I understand why you are worried, but I don't think they are much of a threat to her. And did you think about her feelings? Is she going to like that you are trying to take her away from them?" Father gets closer, "She's a grown woman. Not only that, but she's already bonded with three of the seven brothers. So no matter what you do, they can't be separated for too long and you know it. In the end, you will cause her more harm than them." He sighed and walked away.

Well, maybe I should break their bond. I know there's a way to do it, I just have to figure out how.