Departing

It was finally the day of my departure and things were going off the rails.  The morning was hectic with Malcolm rushing through the preparations. I think after the Gail's fiasco Malcolm was ready to leave Perta behind for good.  I tried to pack my things neatly but Malcolm had other plans coming over with a huge chest. Taking all of my belongings he stuffed it in the chest ending my dilemma. 

"Malcolm I better go check on Jordan and help get his belongings packed." I said knowing my brother was going to have all his toys packed but no clothes. My fiancé only nodded as I left the room to Jordan's and Navarro's shared room. Walking the short distance to the room I heard a soft melody coming from a flute. 

Navarro was using his magic I thought opening the door and squeaked. Rats and mice were everywhere being magically enchanted by Navarro's flute playing.  Hiding my disgust I shooed the rodents from my path.

"Guys you need to stop playing and get ready to leave. " I ordered getting Navarro to stop playing his flute and the rodents scattered. The boy's room was filled with toys and clothes thrown all over the floor. Of course I get the hard job grabbing two bags to separate their clothes.

" Sissy do we have to leave" Jordan asked me .

"Yes, Malloria is our new home" I started before my brother began sobbing and trembling. I pulled Jordan into a hug and held him. There was no comfort I could offer at this moment but my embrace.  Gail didn't want him and leaving Jordan wasn't an option for me.

"Can Navarro go with us" wept Jordan with Navarro in the background crying.

"No sweetie Navarro is going to live with Laura  in Helena" I said softly as both boys faces fail. 

" Can we go to the harbor for a little while?" begged a quiet voice as Navarro for  the first time spoke to me. The child was usually shy and the only ones he would talk to was Jordan and Laura.  And hearing that plea I couldn't refuse such a sweet request.

"We can go but first both of you must eat breakfast." Navarro's and Jordan's face lit up and rushed downstairs at my answer. Laughing at them I began packing all of their belongings and gathering them from the room. I waited for the servants telling them to deliver the bags to the port before heading to breakfast. 

Going to the dining hall I could see the two boys sitting by Laura as Andy fixed their plates. The table was filled with meat, pastries, fruit and other breakfast food. It look like a feast for fifty instead of our small group of thirteen. At the table Andy smiled at me offering the seat next to her.

"Rachel hurry and eat before the food gets too cold. "She urge passing  me some meat and eggs. My friend had put all my favorite food on the plate and I thanked her. A simple gesture between friends I will miss when I say my goodbyes today.   Shaking my head at the idea  I needed to keep my wits about me not get emotional. Turning  my attention to my friends conversation I overheard their departure plans.

"Our ship is leaving in an hour, but it might be delayed " Andy speaking to Laura. At the news my stomach drop. I have less than  an hour to say my farewells to Andy and Sarah. Searching  the room I realize the brunette wasn't here.

"Where is Sarah."

"Morning sickness" Laura explained just as Sarah appeared around the corner with a very pale face. 

"Sarah you look awful "Andy mention bluntly with Laura hitting her knee under the table making the redhead shout in pain. "Laura what the hell."

"Be sensitive Andy Sarah is pregnant"  Laura scolding the redhead.

"It's the truth. I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror this morning." Sarah groaned in misery taking a seat by me. She glanced my way in astonishment like I did something great.