beyond the letters: two

beyond the letters:  two

to:y/n

"Aiko! Where'd you go?" Your voice rang throughout your shared dorm, now with a bit more of an echo due to nearly everything being cleared out of it.

"Just on a walk. You ready?" Aiko answered, avoiding any suspicion.

"Yea, just let me slip on my shoes." You replied, grabbing your shoes from beside the door.

You and Aiko had planned this day over and over again, and now the time had finally come. You had approximately 2 hours before you had to be at your graduation, including time to get ready.

So, in those two hours you and Aiko (along with Eita, Ushijima, and Tendou) were walking around the campus. Sounds boring right? It might be, but you guys had done so much together on that campus, and you all wanted to live it just once more.

You and Aiko were the first to the front gates where you all were meeting. After about 10 minutes, Ushijima and Eita showed up too, just without the one person you were hoping to see.

"Where's Tendou?" You questioned, furrowing your brows a bit.

Eita and Aiko exchanged a quick glance, quick enough for you to not notice it. Eita was obviously in on Aiko's plan, he hated seeing his cousin so torn up over his teammate, so he was on board 100%.

"He got held up by Coach. He wanted to try and convince Tendou to continue volleyball after graduation." Eita spoke up, cutting off Ushijma before he could say something.

"Ah, okay. Where to?" You continued, beginning to walk away.

The next hours were full of laughter, reminiscing on past memories. You guys even managed to get Ushijima to laugh a couple of times.

It was a kind of bittersweet feeling for you. On one hand, you were finally going to be able to move one step closer to helping out your family. On the other, you were leaving Shirtorizawa.

These halls were your home. You chased many goals down these hallways, and you weren't too sure if you were ready to leave just yet. Looking back on your three years here, there was so much you didn't want to give up. All the nights you spent in Tendou's and Ushijima's dorm room, trying to help them understand the newest formula for math. Or all the late practices in the gym with Eita while you watched him serve.

This school meant so much to you, and it would all be over in a few hours.

No time to be sad about it now though. Now, you have to enjoy the hours you have left with your best friends.

"Aiko, we're still coming to your parents place after graduation right?" Eita asked, breaking your train of thought.

"Yeah for sure! I'm so ready to burn all of Mrs.Hisoka's useless worksheets!" Aiko exclaimed in reference to the large bonfire we had planned for later tonight.

You guys had all joked about burning all of your old school work after you graduated, so now you guys actually got to do it. You and Aiko took everyone's stuff over to her place earlier this morning, including the letters. What better time to move on then graduation day right?

"I'm so looking forward to that!" You joined in.

Before long, you all had to part ways and get ready for the ceremony. This was it. The end of your high school years.

゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚ ゜゚*♡*゚

Meanwhile, Tendou was struggling.

He was never one for words, he was better at actions. Still though, he figured a letter would be fitting for this situation. After about 2 hours of trying his hardest to find the right words to say, he was finally happy with his work. It was short, but it didn't need to be long. I mean, she'd be right beside her at the bonfire when she read it, so if he had her reading for too long it'd get awkward right? Although, it was really short.

After how long he'd spent on it though, Tendou just couldn't say anything to even match how he was feeling. Keeping the letter short and sweet was probably his best bet.

He was nearly shaking as he put the paper in the envelope, sealing it up. In the neatest handwriting he could, "to:y/n" was written on the front. He slipped the letter in his pocket before checking the time.

12:30?! He had to be at the students center in like...five minutes! He slipped the letter in the bag that was now across his shoulder, and ran for the students center. God, he hopped his letter was enough

┊   ┊   ┊   ┊

┊    ┊   ┊      ♡・゚

┊   ┊    ♡・゚

┊       ♡・゚

♡・゚

Dear Y/N,

Where do I even start?

First, you would be the one to write letters. God, you're so cute.

Second, I'm not upset. I get that you didn't know what to do, and I'm not mad at you for that.

Third, I love you to.

Sincerely,

Your (new) boyfriend maybe?