💠Intezaar ✔

Khwaab hai tu neend hun mein,

dono milein raat bane,

roz yahi maangu dua,

teri meri baat bane .

~

The sky was getting dark, cool breeze was flowing gently, making her veil dance. And then there was he, the man she has been watching from afar, who was sitting silently just strumming his guitar, unaware of the sneaky glances a hazel eyed girl was giving him .

Adaah hastily wiped a tear that has fallen from her hazel eyes. She was again standing in the balcony looking at him, the man who was lost somewhere, oblivious to the girl, who daily comes to her balcony to get a glance at him, she was aware he would never look at her with the kind of love, that is not just cousin's love .

She prays everyday, her heart makes duas every moment to her rabb for his wellness, his life. She was patient, she knew her prayers would be answered one day and he would recover but what about her heart, when it has ever listened to her ?

He would talk to her everyday, even if it is just exchanging pleasantries or a few words on dining table. But that was enough for her, enough for her soul that was craving for his one glance, for his deep and melodic voice .

~

Mene toh dheere se,

neendon ke dhaage se

baandha hai khwaab ko tere,

mein na jahaan chahun,

na aasmaan chahun,

aaja hisse me tu mere.

He is her khwaab, the one, that would keep her awake all the starry nights, the one that made her bechain, the one she would cry after of and the one that she had tied herself to, with the threads only she can see. It was painful, but love comes with pain and she knew she would endure every pain to get him back .

~

tere khyaalon se, tere khyaalon tk,

mera to hai aana jaana,

mera to jo bhi hai,

tu hi tha , tu hi hai ,

baaki jahaan hai begaana.

Adaah was tying her hair in a braid, and her thoughts drifted to him, again. His dark eyes that were kind enough lower themselves in front of her, as if he knew that if his eyes clashed with hers, she would breakdown. His care for bi jaan, the way he would help her without even worrying about his health. He is the most gentle man she has come across, a bit possessive but yet so much caring .

A gentle knock made her blink. Draping the veil over her chest, she unlocked the door and there he was standing with his eyes lowered and his hands behind his back. She shook her head .

" As-salamu alaikum" , he said, moving his head slightly .

"Wa alaikum s-salam", she said taking her eyes off him.

"Tumhe sab nashte pr bula rahe hai . ", he spoke as his eyes moved to her face, but she was not not looking at him.( Everyone is calling you for breakfast. )

" Aapne kyu takleef kari?  ", she asked looking at his bandage. (Why did you bother?)

" Formality me waqt zaya na kro, aao neeche jaldi. " (Don't waste time on formality, and hurry down.)

" Ji, abhi aayi ", she whispered, her voice only audible to him. Not anyone but him. (Ok,  coming.)

He nodded and left, leaving her in daze. His scent in the air around her and his voice still ringing in her ears .

Blinking her eyes, she shook her head and draped her veil across her chest once again, that has slipped .

A pair of dark eyes moved on its own towards the door, as if he heard the sound of her pazeb among the ongoing loud chatter on the table. Adaah's eyes went towards her nephew who was sitting in her sister's lap, she said her salam to everyone and took the her seat forwarding her arms to the little Zayan, who willingly moved in his khala's lap. After everyone said their greetings the breakfast began and everyone ate with the light chatter flowing around .

She was feeding Zayan and herself yet subtly seeking glances at himHis hair were a little disheveled, as if he raked his fingers them. His cheek was still a little swollen, the shining is yet to return in his dark eyes .

She hissed as Zayan bit her fingers and narrowed her eyes at the little guy who was smiling sweetly at her. His chubby fingers grasping her thumb, the little 1 year seems too innocent .

" Khala ko pareshan karne me maze aa rahe hai aapko ? ", she asked in a baby voice that held amusement. ( You are having fun by disturbing khala? )

" Uske khyaalon me phir kho gyi thi na aap ? ", Nadia nudger her sister who was gazing at him a few moments ago. ( You were lost in his thoughts again, right? )

Adaah looked at her aapi, whose eyes were shining with a underlying sadness for her younger sister and her cousin brother and just smiled at her, placing the squirming Zayan in Nadia's lap .

Haan, kho diya hai uske khyaalon me khud ko . ( Yes, she has lost herself in his thoughts. )

Again her eyes moved to the man sitting in front of her, who was already looking at her .

Their eyes clashed .

Hazel met Brown.

" Zahid  ", her heart whispered, as her eyes watered. The tears formed in her hazel eyes.

~

Mein rang sharbaton ka ,

tu meethe ghat ka pani ,

mujhe khud me ghol de to ,

mere yaar baat ban jani .

°°°°°