**

" Dad, What are you doing here, this late? ", Aditi asked sitting at the seat, beside her father, who was looking at a mug, smiling wistfully .

" I could ask you the same young lady. ", he said raising his left brow, observing his older daughter. His ittle daughter has grown up, and in a few weeks he would see her married. 

" I was not able to sleep, so just came down here to make something to eat. ", she said getting up to take out bread and butter. Setting up the skillet, she toasted the breads with masala .

" I just came here for a coffee. You know sometimes when your mother would get up at middle of the night because of her cravings, she would ask me to make a cup coffee and the kind of sandwich you are making. ", he said pointing his cup towards the stove, as she mashed the boiled potatoes along with spices .

" She would casually hum an old tune while occasionally directing me how to make the sandwich without burning the kitchen, and one time she had fell asleep and I had burned a pan down. She woke up when I started to yell because of panic and she made me slow down the little fire and we have woken up your grandparents who just shook their head at us . You were always the midnight child, it was only at your time she would get midnight cravings. ", he said remembering his wife, his pepper beard shining under the brief moonlight, as he shook his head .

As she placed a plate in front of the sandwich , she saw how painful was it for him to talk about his late wife .

Adiraj singh Chauhan was getting old day by day, the deep frown lines on his forehead were the living proof, with his white hair and Aditi wished to stop the time right then and there. She wanted her father to never get old than he already was, she was not ready to lose him yet, she doubt if she will ever be .

Yet, the time was always like the sand which would slip out, even when your fist is tightly closed and it was slipping away, tomorrow morning was her brother's Oath taking ceremony and her engagement for which every part of Mahal was decorated with flowers and fairy lights but a single part of her was not ready for it, the part which was missing her mother madly. She wanted to just hide behind her mother's veil, away from people's expectations, her responsibilities and just wanted to drown in sleep in her mother's lap .

" Dad, I miss mama. ",  she whispered, as she placed her head on her father's slouched shoulder .

" I miss mama too, bachey, I miss her. ", he said silently as they silently sat remembering their loved one who was too far away to touch yet too close to feel in their heart .

----

Kiara was helping her get ready for their brother's oath ceremony and also her engagement while trying to get her distract as she was on the verge of nervous breakdown. 

The responsibility was increasing and expectations of her family and future in-laws were high from her, and along with her people's expectations, it felt like she would crumble down. Although her soon to be mother-in-law has came to calm her down, but that was not much of a help.

Her father and brother were out there dealing with the council before her brother takes over. The time her brother would take the oath, the same moment she would handle the many meetings and reports on his behalf. Their father's council will be removed and the council that would be announced today would take the position of older one.

As Kiara pinned the veil on her right shoulder, Kabir entered making Kiara wink at the confused Aditi.

" Why are you here? ", Aditi asked adjusting her dupatta properly.

Kabir looked at her, as she placed her dark tendrils behind her ears that were adorned with heavy gold earrings. The midnight beauty in front of him has left him mesmerized. She looked ethereal. But he would not tell her that.