⁘Thodi der⁘✔

Dil charkhe ki,

Dil charkhe ki,

Ek tu dori,

Dil charkhe ki ,

Ek tu dori,

Sufi iska rang haye..

She adjusted her gaze on the man who walked around the room with calm and composed steps, his posture never wavering for even a single second, his green eyes observing each and every piece of his belongings .

Isme jo tera khwab piroya,

Isme jo tera khwab piroya ,

neende bani patang

Sairah's eyes were observing every flex of the man, how his eyes furrowed, how he was ruffling his short hairs, how he was fumbling with the suitcase zip. In a few minutes he would be on the road, miles away from her .

Dil bharta nhi ,

Aankhein rajjti nhi,

Chahe kitna bhi dekhti jaun,

Waqt jaye me rok na paun.

It has become a habit for her to observe him like this, his eyes that have swirls of green in it, his nose that would scrunch up to show his distaste, his lips that would form in calm and serene smile when he saw her or speak of her or the land he was born on .

Each time she would memorize his every movement, every word he would utter. Yet she could not get enough of this man .

How a wife was suppose to get enough of her husband ?

Tu thodi der aur theher ja,

Sohneya

tu thodi aur theher ja,

Zaalima

Today her heart was getting heavy for the reasons she was unaware of. She wanted to tell the time to stop, just to give her the much needed time with her husband, who will be kilometers away, leaving her to stay strong and composed .

Yet time is its own master and it never stops for anyone and anything. It is like a vehicle, with the failed breaks .

Din tere bin ab jee na paaye,

Saas na leti raat,

Tears were ready to flow out, yet she stood there, like the wife of a man who fights for his nation, his motherland. She stood like the wife of a Soldier. Chin up and strong posture .

Ishq kare tere hotho se,

Bas ik teri baat

Teri doori na sahu,

Door khud se rahu

Teri doori na sahu,
Door khud se rahu

Tere pehlu mein hi reh jaun,

Tu hi samajh le

jo main chaahu,
Tu thodi der aur theher ja

Sucking the tears back, she placed the handkerchief in Riswan awaiting hands, who looked at his wife with eyes full of pride. The love and admiration shining in his eyes .

Clutching her hand along with the handkerchief, he moved her close to himself and gently held her head, his fingers soothing her scalp and closing his eyes he dropped a kiss on her temple. The moment was serene, she felt sukoon in her husband's arms. The wife in her wants to crumble then and there in his hold. She wanted to cry in his arms, she was not ready to let him go yet, and she knew she will never be .

Yet, not a single tear dropped from her eyes, but she knew the waterworks would start the moment he would leave .

She stood on her tiptoes and gently placed a long kiss on his forehead, and blew the prayers on him .

" Apna khyaal rakhna, khuda hafiz ", Riswan said and gently moved away to take the suitcase and his green army cap and turned to nod at her last time. Her eyes were begging him to stop a bit longer yet she never uttered the words out loud. She knew he loved the country more than anything and she would never want to stop him from showing his love towards his motherland. (Take care of yourself.)

" Aap bhi, Khuda hafiz ", she said her voice barely above a whisper, yet he heard it. He knew the look in her eyes but also knew she would never stop him. Giving her the last smile, he went to the jeep and closed his eyes, very well aware that this could be his last time he would see her. (You too.)

The jeep drove away leaving a lady clad in white coat clutching the wooden door. The man in uniform moved farther away from her to protect her and his nation.

This felt like a goodbye.

And a second later she broke down, hugging herself, no longer feeling the warmth of her husband, her heart begging the man to return back to her and the family they would be starting .

Dil minnate kare

Na tu jaana pade

Dil minnate kare

Na tu jaana pade

Tere jaane se jee na paau

Tu thodi der aur theher ja
soneya

°°°