💠

Zahid came out of Bi jaan's room, he tried hard convincing her that Adaah was not ready for any marriage proposal for whatever reasons she has, but his words fell in deaf ears.

Bi jaan was concerned for her grand daughter, who always have a gloomy expression on her face nowadays, which she would try to hide with a smile of hers. When he asked the reasons for her such condition, he received a plain 'nothing' as the answer and defeatedly he walked out the room without asking any questions .

Suddenly everything around him felt like a blur, the shouts of his cousins felt like a distant noise and suddenly everything went blank and the light faded around him .

And Adaah's terrified shrieks reached the ears of the people who were engrossed in their respective chores. The sight in front of her had her on her knees. Her face ashen. She can't lose him to the fate, again.

Within seconds the family members were rushing towards the sobs and shriek, the work long forgotten. Bi jaan was sobbing at the sight in front of her, a few moments ago they were talking and now he lay unconscious on the floor. His head laying on Adaah's lap, who was trying to wake him up with trembling fingers .

The male cousins immediately took Zahid from her hands, towards the car and drove to hospital. The driver was called to drive Zahid's and Adaah's mother and Alizey to the hospital. Adaah sat silently on the floor and Nadia wounded her arms around her sister who was trembling.

What if they lose zahid again?

What if he forgets everything?

What if he never wake up?

The what ifs were eating her. The thought of loosing him was not even bearable to her.

Slowly she got up from the cold floor and moved upstairs to her room, without uttering a word to her sister or bi jaan.

Making ablution and tightly wrapping the long veil around her head, she sat on the prayer mat and cried to her almighty to bring back her Zahid and grant him shifa. She made dua for his health, for him as her tears flowed. Ya khuda, unhe thik kardein. (Oh God, let him be alright.)

Her head bowed in front of her Allah, the creator of all. Her body wrecked with sobs as the hours went.

Zahid lied in the hospital room, as the family members waited outside the room, they sat there waiting for any news from the doctors who were checking on Zahid for hours .

As the man in white came from the room, they all stood up in unison, their heart in their throats.

" Patient is now out of danger and we have sedated him, he needs rest and in few hours we will check if there is any sort of problem in his brain functioning. "

The ladies slumped in the chairs, reciting prayers and begging their lord to wake up their son in a healthy state .

It has been 12 hours since Zahid was taken to hospital and 12 hours since Adaah went in her room. Nadia's husband has came back to inform the rest of the family members about the condition of Zahid and to take tea and went back a few hours ago .

The ringing of phone, brought the still atmosphere of Adaah's room to a halt. Adaah hastily folded her praying mat and put it on the shelf. The ringing hasn't stopped, but her movements did. The picture of Mustafa, her father was on display.

What if something happened to him?

The thought invaded her mind and soon it was shoved away as she picked up the call.

" Adaah, aap jaldi hospital aa jayein. Zahid ko hosh aa gaya hai, aur use sab kuch yaad aa gaya hai. " (Adaah, come to the hospital soon. Zahid is conscious and he remembers everything.)

Her face lightened up.

" Baba aap sach keh rhe hai na? ", she still asked, wanting to hear it one more time . (Father, are you telling the truth?)

" Haan gudiya, hum sach keh rahe hai, ab aap fikr na kre bas jaldi aa jayein vo aapko bula raha hai. " (Yes doll, we are telling the truth, now you do not worry, just come soon, he is calling you.)

The words gave her sukoon that was lost for a while.

" Ji baba, hum abhi aa rahe hai. ",she ended the call and sent a prayer above to her god. (Yes father, we are coming now.)

Quickly changing, she left for hospital along with the rest of the family members as the rest of the cousins were already coming back .

With the support of Nadia she walked in the room, where a person laid surrounding by their family.

Their eyes clashed.

Glazy hazel orbs met the dark orbs .

The tears flowed .

Their family witnessed their love with their own watery eyes, leaving them to talk .

Nadia made Adaah sit on the chair and got herself seated behind at the couch along with her husband, giving the two lovers privacy to talk.

And talk they did. Zahid profusely apologized to her for not being there on their nikkah and for forgetting about her and for the pain she suffered .

Adaah shook her head, waving off his apologies and reminding him that it was not because of him but his amnesia .

" Tumne mere intezaar kyu kiya, kyu logo ke taane sune, kyu itni aziyat di khudko?  ",he asked, his voice just above a whisper. (Why did you wait for me, why did you listen to people's taunts, why did you hurt yourself so much?)

" Aziyat kesi, logon ka toh kaam hai bolna, aur mohobbat krti hun tumse toh intezaar kyu nahi karti. Chalo ab tum araam kro. ", she said, her hazel staring deep in his dark eyes, that glittered with happiness and love for the woman sitting in front of them . (What pain, and people always taunt, and I love you, why would I have not wait for you. Come on now you relax.)

" Mein bhot mohobbat krta hun tumse. ", he spoke, the love poring in his words, holding her hand, as she placed the blanket on him. (I love you a lot.)

Soon, Zahid was discharged and next day their nikkah was arranged, binding the two souls in a holy bond.

A beautiful bond.

°°°°

End