◌Sukoon◌✔

...

Chand ki chandni ko toh dekho 

Ghalib ko bhi bezubaan kar gayi

...

The cham-cham of payal ringed in the whole terrace as she swiftly moved towards the railing avoiding the small plants cluttered around. 

" Yaar thoda dheere chalo, warna gir jaogi. ", Zubia shouted, who was moving hot on her heels. (Walk slowly, otherwise you will fall.)

" Nahi gir rahi. ", she clutched the railing and panted. Running two floors up to the terrace was most exercising she has done the whole day. (I'll not fall.)

" Hadd karti ho yaar tum bhi, mujhe accha khasa thaka diya tumne. ", Zubia too stood beside her and bend down placing her forehead on the railing. (You tired me a lot.)

" Yaar yeh TV waale keh rahe the ki chand nikal aaya hai, par dekho toh chand nikla hi nahi. ", the sulking lady placing her elbow on the railing and her right cheek on her palm and gazed at the starry sky. (These TV people were saying that the moon has come out, but look, the moon has not come out.)

" Maine toh tumse kaha tha, tumhe hi itni jaldi thi chand dekhne ki. ", Zubia said glancing at her  cousin, who frowned at her. (I told you but you were in a hurry to see the moon.)

Wounding the dupatta around her neck, she sat on the beanbag in the corner with Zubia behind her.

" Baba Jaan ke sath ke sath Office kab join kar rahi ho? " (When are you joining the office with Baba Jaan?)

" Jab bhi voh raazi hon. Degree toh dilwa di hai, uska use kab karne ko milega yeh nahi pata mujhe. " (Whenever he agrees. He let me have the degree but I do not know when he would let me use it.)

Zubia just chuckled at her.

Her brown eyes roamed around the rooftop, now not so deserted rooftop. They stopped at the four boys who were busy chatting, sitting on the colourful Charpaiyan. Clutching the hand of her cousin, Zubia dragged the startled girl towards them making the four men stop their bickers and the man with silver eyes to get up and sit beside his younger brother, leaving the red charpai to the two girls.

" Aap charo itni jaldi upar kese aa gaye? ", Zubia asked while the hazel eyed lady closed her eyes and placed her head on Zubia's shoulder. (How did you four come up this early?)

" Kisi ne pure ghar mein chilla chilla kar chand nikalne ki khabar dedi thi. Toh hum sab vahi dekhne aaye the. ", the silver eyes man said lazily, laying down on the charpai. (Someone shouted in the entire house that the moon has come out. So we all came to see the same.)