💠

Zahid gripped his head that was still wrapped in a bandage

Zahid gripped his head that was still wrapped in a bandage. It has been a month since his surgery, and 3 weeks since he returned back home .

The pain was still there, yet the bruises have healed leaving a few fading lines on his tanned skin.

After a few moments the pain subsided, means the masala chai has done its magic. The pain was more because he was stressing himself over the thoughts he should not have about someone who is not his, but his heart opposed him every time she comes in front of him.

He has seen her in the hospital crying hysterically. They were cousins, friends even but not that close, for her to react like that. They were like normal cousins. Maybe something more from his side. But something must have happened, more than his accident, as the whole family was in hysterics after he woke up after the accident .

His amnesia was not making anything better. The behaviour of his family was confusing and they were walking on eggshells around him. They were not even discussing anything that happened in these six months before his accident, they had refused to tell him anything, but sometimes he would catch them whispering, but they would stop and change the topic at the sight of him .

His cousins and sisters would try their best to make the air around the haveli less tense but they were not able to do much .

He had noticed a few things in the mansion but has not voiced it out yet.

" Bhaiya, sab badhe bhaar gaye hai kuch kaam se, aur hum sab bore ho rahe the, toh hum soch rahe the aaj hum sab cousins games night rakhe, matlab you know jese hum pehle rakhte the, vese hi, toh bhai aap aa rahe hai na? "

(Brother, everyone has gone out for some work, and we were all getting bored, so we were thinking that today we all keep Cousins games night, like we used to keep earlier, so brother, are you coming?)

Alizey rambled as she suddenly barged in Zahid's room, who was now staring at her in amusement. She was looking at him with a pleading look, pleading, as if, he knew she would readily drag him to terrace if he says no .

" Chalo, vese bhi tum 'naa' to sunogi hi nahi. ", he said grabbing the empty cup and Alizey's hand. (Come on, you will not listen to 'No' anyway.)

Alizey grinned and excitedly hugged his arm, her brother knows her too well.

All his cousins were sitting there chatting and then there was she, serving ice-cream to the group and Walid his younger brother and Alizey's twin was sitting beside her . 

He sat beside Kareem directly opposite to her and Alizey sat beside Walid, who gently nudged and gestured her to pass him the ice cream. She gently placed the chocolate  ice-cream in front of him and sat back taking the bowl for herself .