Chapter 21: Everything

Your heart may have stopped beating

But mine never has

New chapter on Wednesday

Jimin P.O.V

"Hello,"

Y/n picked up. My smile quickly fades when I notice Jungkook isn't responding.

"Jungkook-ah, say something. Quick," I whisper to him.

"Y-yn," he stutters as he attempts to say her name.

I find it cute when he stutters. It makes him so innocent and vulnerable, yet knowing about what he did to his parents has taken me aback. I can't help but feel shivers run down my spine whenever I think about it. There is just something about his presence that's so captivating, I can't help but have this urge to keep him in my life.

"I'm sorry, who am I talking to?" She asks confusedly. 

"Jungkook. You're talking to me, Jungkook," 

The second he says that, I can see his eyes light up a little. It makes me pay more attention to his eyes. His eyelashes are longer than I remember.

It quickly turns silent. Both of them being quiet.

"Ask her to meet up," I encourage him.

He quickly nods and takes his chances.

"W-would you like to meet up sometime? We could meet up where we first met. The library,"

"I would love that. I gave you my number because I wanted to ask you something," she mumbles.

"Ask ahead," 

"What happened that night of the dance? I can't help but wonder if you're okay. We've never really had any long conversations before. I would like to change that. You know, I would like to be able to talk about more personal things with you. Just so we could get to know each other better," 

Her question startles me. When I asked him how the dance went, he said it went great. Is there something he hasn't told me yet? But he's my best friend, shouldn't he share everything with me?

"Y/n," He takes a good breath.

"I don't know what happened that night, but I'm doing so much better now," He says in a happy tone, but no smile is visible on his face.

"I like the idea of getting to know each other better. I will think about it. Will I see you at the library next Monday after school?" He asks her, biting his lip.

"Yes, you will," 

I can practically hear her smile through the phone.

"See you,"

"Bye,"

He hangs up and I'm quite surprised. 

"Why did you end the conversation so fast?" I ask him frowning.

"I got a bit shy," he blushes.

I try my best to keep my eyes from watering. I don't know why, but knowing that there is something he hasn't shared with me, kind of hurts. 

"What happened that night at the dance? Did you guys kiss?" I ask him hoping to get answers.

"W-what? No, I just uhm. I was dancing, everything turned white and I felt like I was having a "minor attack". The same thing happened to me today, remember? When you followed me to the bathroom and saw me have my 'minor attack',"

I can tell he's hesitating whether he should or shouldn't have this conversation with me right now. 

"What happened in the bathroom today, also happened at the dance?"

He nods.

"Why? What's the cause?" I ask him, slowly feeling myself getting a bit worried. 

"I have no idea why.,"

"Why didn't you tell me that you had that 'minor attack' that night of the dance?" I ask.

"I was afraid to tell you,"

His response continuously rings in my head. He was afraid. Afraid to tell me what was going on with him, because he thought I would unfriend him if I were to find out about his past. He was probably scared to tell me about this thing he calls 'minor attack' because if I were to know, I would most likely find out about him not being human.

"Jimin?"

I notice I've been zoning out and turn back to reality for a minute.

"I'm sorry, I guess I was a bit lost," I say in a sad tone.

"You okay, Jiminnie?"

"Always," I smile brightly. Not because I'm okay, but because I want him to think I'm okay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook P.O.V

Sweat. Everywhere on my body.

My eyes are still closed. I'm so soaked, part of me believes I'm in the shower now. Now, my eyes shoot open. I take off the wet blanket which is practically glued to my body.

I can't sleep. I don't know what I was thinking when I told Jimin everything.

What if he was acting all normal and waiting for me to fall asleep so he could call the police?

I promised myself that I would never tell anyone about my secret, ever again. Yet here I am, blindly trusting him. I grab my phone to check what time it is. 

That's when I see it.

2 missed calls from a private number. 

New chapter on Wednesday