Chapter 27: I

For the first time in like forever

I am scared 

Everything seems to be out of my control

Next chapter on Friday

Jungkook P.O.V

I told Jimin everything that happened between me and Y/n so far. He doesn't seem to take it too well.

"You did what?!" Jimin yells out.

"I know. It's bad," I mumble.

"That's it? It's bad? Why would you behave like that with Y/n? Heck, even I am scared of you now!" He exclaims.

"I'm very scary, aren't I?" I ask looking at the floor.

"Hey, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"It's okay," I cut him off.

"I'm just a little confused. You weren't like this before. What changed?" he sighs.

"I think that I like her a little too mu-" I get cut off by an annoying ringtone.

Jimin and I both stare at my phone on the table. In less than a second, he grabs my phone earning an annoyed look from me.

"Jimin, don't pick up. It's just a private number," I sigh.

"No," he says in a light tone.

"Hello?" I hear him pick up.

Jimin can be so stubborn sometimes. Although now that he picked up I can't help but wonder who the caller is.

Who has been calling me non stop for the past week? Privately?

"Yes, this is Jungkook's phone. Give him the phone? Tell me who you are first," Jimin says.

"Kim Namjoon," Jimin tells me.

Kim Namjoon is calling me?

Namjoon and I were good friends. We practically grew up together. Once I told him that I ate my parents that night, he left me. Truth is that we are very different from each other now. He's the police officer while I'm just a monster.

I take over the phone with hesitation.

"Y-yes," I answer with a stutter.

"Meet me at the Banji cafe in Seoul in 15 minutes, don't be late," Namjoon says before hanging up.

Stress rushes over me. Why does he want to meet up all of a sudden? It seems urgent, important.

"Are you okay, Kookie?" Jimin asks a bit worried.

"I have to go, I'll be back soon," I say before leaving Jimin's place.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands shake when I try to open the door to the cafe.

I haven't seen Namjoon in 7 years. That should give me all the right to be this nervous.

My eyes meet his. He's not in his police uniform. He wears a long beige jacket with a long-sleeve shirt.

It's winter, but I walk in wearing a black t-shirt.

When I turned into the monster that I am today, I stopped feeling cold or warm. It's like my skin has become resistant to the warmth and coldness.

I carefully sit down and try to not look him in the eye.

"Why did you come here wearing a t-shirt?" I hear Namjoon mumble.

"W-what?" I ask a bit startled.

"You heard me. Why would you come here wearing a t-shirt? You look extremely suspicious," Namjoon continues.

I can't do anything but nod. This whole situation is a bit too new for me.

I lift my eyebrow when I see him take off his jacket and hand it to me.

"Take it, it'll make you look a lot more normal," he sighs.

I know better than to resist his offer.

"Last time we saw each other you promised me you'd seek help. You promised me you would never kill a human being ever again," Namjoon says, not even bothering to look at me.

"I have eaten only 4 humans in the past 7 years. This schoolyear I ate one. I even eat bunnies now. They don't fix the hunger as much but it's something to live with.I'm doing everything in my power to keep my promise, hyung." I tell him.

"Do not call me hyung, we're not brothers. You're lying to me," he says right before putting photos on the table.

I glance at the photos of dead teenage girls.

"I didn't kill them. Besides my mother, I've only killed males." I say almost immediately.

I hear Namjoon sigh annoyed.

"They are reconsidering to reopen your parents' case," he says making my eyes widen.

"W-why? They closed the case. A wild animal ate them, that's what they said," I breathe out.

"Before you kill, Jungkook, you leave a mark on your victims' arms. You are aware of that?" Namjoon continues.

"Yes, it's something out of my control. I am very aware of that," I answer him.

"Take a look at the pictures of these dead girls, Jungkook. They all have that same mark. You killed them, just admit it," Namjoon says through gritted teeth.

"I. did. not. kill. them," I repeat myself.

"The police are reopening the case because your parents have the same mark on their arm. They are convinced that they are not dealing with a wild animal, but a serial killer," he explains.

I grab his wrist when he's about to sit up.

"Let me explain, don't just leave." I breathe out stressed.

He now looks me in the eyes and nods.

"You have less than 2 minutes," he says.

"What are the dates that these girls were killed?" I ask frowning as I look at the pictures.

It does look like I am the one who killed them, but I'm not.

"The dates are in the corner of each picture," Namjoon answers.

I nod slowly and get a good look at the dates.

The night of the dance, the bathroom.

"My minor attacks!" I yell out.

I feel him punch my arm.

"What in the world are you yelling for?!" He loud whispers.

"The dates when the girls got killed are the same dates when I had my minor attacks. I didn't eat them, but someone else did. For some reason whenever this other cannibal kills, I get a minor attack. Like a signal. So right before this cannibal kills, I am the first to know it." I breathe out.

"You're telling me that another cannibal is walking around in the city?" Namjoon asks in a worried tone.

"I'm afraid so. There is this girl I like in school, Y/n. I was going to ask her number a month or so ago. When I came in she was laying on the floor, unconscious. She had the same mark on her harm. Whoever this other cannibal is, must have tried to eat her but didn't succeed because I walked in so fast," I say, thinking out loud.

"You should protect her in case she becomes their next victim. Find out who this other cannibal is. If you don't find out quickly enough, you'll be in prison for the rest of your life."

Next chapter on Friday

A/N: I am soo sorry, I thought I said that the next chapter would be on Sunday. That's why I updated it later.