one

wei wuxian, 11 years old.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

" Haa- it's so hot! I hate summer's heat! ", I groan, throwing my head back as I plop myself on the floor next to my brother. He's sitting in front of the table fan, eating a watermelon while watching his favourite TV show, Pokemon.

" Yah, where did you get that? ", I point at the watermelon he's holding. It's not in the fridge this morning when I went out.

" Auntie Jin visited us this morning when you're out playing with your friends. She brought us watermelon. Go search in the fridge if there's any left. ", he replies, not tearing his gaze from the TV.

I groan, " Why does auntie only visits when I'm not home? " I fixed my gaze on the ceiling fan above. Even with two fans I'm still sweating like crazy. When is this summer going to end?

" Maybe you should start hanging out outside less. You're getting a lot tanner you know. " He reasons, taking another bite of his watermelon.

" I get so lonely at home, you don't even want to play soccer or baseball with me. All you do is sit in front of the TV all day. ", I scoff.

" Shush! Ash is about to challenge this guy. I bet he'll use Charmander in this episode. " He ignores me and scoots closer to the TV.

" Whatever, he'll lose anyway. I saw this episode last week. ", I spoil it for him while standing up and head towards the fridge.

" Yah, Wei Wuxian! Don't spoil it for me! ", He glares at me, stomping his feet on the floor.

" My bad, bro. " I said without looking at him while he continues ranting about me. Last week, he threw a pretty bad tantrum when he overslept and missed the episode just because I ' forgot ' to wake him up. I mean, it's not my fault, I don't even remember when he asked me to do that.

" Where's the watermelon? ", I search everywhere in the fridge but to no avail, can't find any. My pig brother must have eaten everything already. Hmph!

I stomp my feet loudly while walking to our shared room. I already told my mom that I want to have a room on my own but she said that all the rooms in our house are occupied. Also, my brother doesn't want to sleep on his own because he's afraid of monster under his bed. I'm like, what do you even mean? We sleep on mattresses ON the floor like a typical Chinese family!

He ate all the watermelons so I'm gonna take his coins to buy me an ice cream. Haha! Serve him right. That's what you get for messing with me.

I quietly took his piggy bank from his table and took something like 5 yuan. I smirk and put the piggy bank back to where it is suppose to be.

I rush to the front door and wear my slippers. " I'm going out! "

" You're not going anywhere, young man! " My mom yells from the backyard after hanging out the clothes to dry.

" It's not gonna be long! I'll be back before lunch! ", I said as I run off to the street fast enough before mom continues to yell at me.

After running for 2 minutes, I stop and look back to see that our house is out of sight. A light chuckles escapes my lips as I walk to Auntie Su's stores, humming along the way. Hmm, what am I gonna buy? Chocolate flavor? Orange? Mmm, Mango! My mouth waters at the thought.

Suddenly an unfamiliar red car catch my attention. I look over to the empty house in front of the playground where my friend and I play together and saw some guy taking out a lot of boxes from a huge truck.

" Where should we put these in, sir? ", A tall guy carrying a heavy looking box asked a man in business suit who's holding his phone. The man has such a weird appearance. He has yellow hair and pale brown eyes. He's certainly not from here.

" Ah, you can put it in the living room. I'm gonna have to take this call first and I'll help you carry the rest, okay. ", He politely says with a smile which the other guy return.

" It's okay, sir. It's our job. ", He say, motioning for the other guy in the same outfit as him to put the boxes inside.

" Thank you. Now could you excuse me. ", He smiles once again and brings the phone to his ear, talking about something a child wouldn't understand.

Suddenly, a loud yell can be heard from inside of the house and comes running a boy who looks around my age.

" Dad! I hate it here! I want to go back to New York! ", He shouts angrily in some language I don't understand.

" I'm sorry, just a second. ", He says to the person on the phone and sighs at the boy. " Wangji, please. We have talked about this. Dad have to talk to this client right now. We'll talk later, okay sweetie? ", He pats the boy on his head.

He quickly turns his attention to his phone once again. The boy turns away from his father. He runs away from the house when the man is not looking with tears in his eyes. He looks sad despite the raging frown on his face.

Me who just witness the whole situation just froze in my place. What should I do?? I want to buy my ice-cream and just head home but I can't just let a kid who has no idea where he is wanders around! What if he gets into trouble??

Oh no no no! What if he stumbles upon Uncle Qiren's wolf?! Technically, it is a dog but man, it's size is thrice as big as my brother's dog! And his dog huge too! I gulped, I can imagine his growl as his sharp teeth, covered in saliva clatter angrily. Wen Ning is still limping from being attacked by Wolf; yes that's his name; he can't play with us for 2 weeks!

" Haa- What should I do? ", I mumble looking at the direction to Auntie Su's shop and the direction the boy just ran to aka Wolf's territory. I shiver at the thought of facing the beast.

" Ah! Damn it! ", I swear frustratedly, running to the direction where the boy just ran to. This boy that I don't even know who will be the death of me.

One day, I swear my instinct is going to get me killed.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

hello there, wangxian peeps!

thank you so much for reading this story.

this is my first time writing a fanfic about these two. english is not my first language so i'm sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes or typos. please point it out if you find any!

oh, and to clear things up, the sentences in BOLD is in English. they're talking in Chinese!

i hope you guys have a nice day and stay safe. drink plenty of water and practice social distancing!

later peeps,

©KEWLGHOST