twenty three

finding love.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

" Oh god, Jiang Cheng. You really did that to Wei ge? ", Huaisang widens his eyes at the glaring purple lotus who has his arms cross over his chest. It's recess and they're currently sitting at their usual table, talking about the ruckus the boys had caused in their neighborhood last night. Technically only Wei Ying but the other is also guilty in this case.

Jiang Cheng clicks his tongue, making a ' tch ' sound, " He deserved it. "

Wei Ying defensively slams his palm on the table, not too hard to attract much attention. " No, I don't! "

" Yes, you do. ", Jiang Cheng sneers at his younger brother.

" No, what the hell, I don't. "

" Why are you so angry for? You're having fun anyway. ", he scoffs.

Wei Ying's face becomes warm all of the sudden upon remembering what happened at Lan Zhan's house that morning. He woke up in Lan Zhan's bed- No no, it's not like that. After realising that he might probably habors such feelings towards the latter, the fact that he spent the night on his bed alone is enough to fluster him. Poor Lan Zhan had to sleep on the couch in the living room.

" W-What the hell are you talking about? ", He stammers, eyes widening in embarrassment. Jiang Cheng gives him a funny look. His brows crease into a frown while shooting his brother with a disgusted look.

Nie Huaisang coughs, covering his mouth with his fan, " I think he meant at the festival, Wei-Ge. "

"..uh oh.. ", The panicking boy quickly composed himself, face shades with redder blush than before. " O-Of course we're having fun! We-We even fly the lantern! It's very fun! "

Jiang Cheng and Huaisang give each other a look from the corner of their eyes then shrug their shoulder. Wei Ying looks at them, sweating profusely under his uniform.

" What's with that look? You both don't believe me? "

Huaisang flashes him a grin, " Of course we do. And even if Jiang Cheng's doesn't, I do. "

" Hey- ", The loud sound of Huaisang's fan when he flicks it open cut off Jiang Cheng's words, causing the latter to scoff.

" Hello guys! Can I sit here? ", A cheerful voice suddenly perks up behind them. The trio nod while muttering some ' Sure, why not? '. Wen Ning smiles and plops himself beside Wei Ying with food container in his hand.

Nie Huaisang nudges Jiang Cheng with his elbow with a smirk, leaning closer towards the latter's ear. " Hey, Jiang Cheng. You don't wanna greet your future brother in law? ", Huaisang whispers, earning himself a slap to the head from the blushing boy.

" What are you guys talking about? ", Wen Ning chimes in, munching his sandwich as he stares at the trio curiously.

Jiang Cheng pushes Huaisang's face away from him with his palm. " Nothing. "

" Where's Wangji? ", Huaisang looks around the cafeteria for the missing friend of theirs.

Jiang Cheng takes a sip of his cup of coffee," Our homeroom teacher told Wangji to see him during recess, apparently he needs to discuss something with him. Why? You're gonna ditch me for him like Wei Ying too? ", Jiang Cheng grumbles.

" If you keep glaring at me like that, then yes. "

And that's how the two of them begin their daily quarrel again with Wen Ning helplessly telling them not to hold the fork to someone's eyes like that.