twenty

finding love.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

" Ah, Good afternoon, Wei Ying. School just finished ah? ", Grandma Han looks up from the plants she's watering, flashing the boy in his uniform a sweet smile. The trio and Lan Zhan are currently walking home from school.

Wei Ying returns the smile, " Yes, just an hour ago. How are you and Granpa Han doing? "

" He's doing a lot better now. Thanks for asking, good child. ", She fixed her glasses and squints her eyes. " Ah, your friends are here too, good afternoon kids. ", She lifts her hand up for a small wave.

" Good afternoon, grandma. ", Jiang Cheng and Huaisang greets with a smile while Lan Zhan just nods politely. Grandma's wrinkly face breaks into a smile. " Such handsome and healthy youths. It must be nice to be young again. ", She chuckles to herself, taking a glance at her old husband while smiling fondly.

Wei Ying smiles at the elderly couple of their neighborhood. He, Jiang Cheng and Huaisang used to talk and spent time with them on their way home from primary school. But ever since Grandpa Han got sick, he can't play with them anymore. The kids still pay them a visit from time to time to check up on him.

" We'll be on our way, grandma. Take care. ", Wei Ying nods politely to the elderly lady.

" Be careful on your way home! ", She exclaims, waving at the boys from the distance. Jiang Cheng put his hands in his pocket. " You become so famous among the people in our neighborhood now. ", He smirks at his brother, nudging him with his elbow.

The latter let out a chuckles, " That's not true. " He waves his hand dismissively in front of the smirking boy. Jiang Cheng just sarcastically rolls his eyes. Ever since the incident at Dead Forest two months ago, Wei Ying has become the talk of their neighborhood for his brave actions. Madam Yu was not angry at him, she's just worried about her youngest son. After Wei Ying was rushed to the hospital when Lan Xichen found them, she was so relieved that she cried. He's still grounded for 2 weeks though.

Fortunately, Lan Zhan's leg isn't broken, just a huge wound that needed to be stitched. Wei Ying also doesn't seems to remember anything that happened after he drapes the jacket over the both of them. Everything after that is just a blur to him. Yes, including Lan Zhan's poor attempt to confess.

" Guys, the lantern festival is going to be held tonight. " Huaisang exclaims, showing them his phone screen. The other three boys lean their face closer to his phone to stares at it.

Wei Ying's eyes twinkles and snaps his head in Lan Zhan's direction. The latter who had been looking at him the whole time flinches slightly when the shorter suddenly locks their gaze. He looks away. ' He doesn't caught me staring, does he? '

" Lan Zhan~ Let's go together! ", Wei Ying grins, flashing him a closed-eyes smile. The taller was caught off guard by Wei Ying's sudden request, his lips immediately curve into a small smile. " Mn ", he hums.

Jiang Cheng looks at his brother in disbelief, feeling slightly betrayed. " Just the two of you? What about me? ", he points his finger at the two boys, eyes narrowing.

Wei Ying sticks his tongue out at Jiang Cheng, interlocking his arm with Lan Zhan's, " I want to go with Lan Zhan. You can go with someone else. ", He makes a shoo shoo gesture at his older brother.

Jiang Cheng gasps, " Fine! ", He slings an arm around Huaisang's shoulder, causing the shorter boy to roll his eyes. " I'm going to go with Huaisang then! ", Jiang Cheng huffs at his smug faced brother who still has his arm interlocked with a certain blushing boy.