twenty one

finding love.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

" Woah! This year's festival is more crowded than last year! ", Wei Ying excitedly exclaims, his face brighten. Bright lanterns in various colours hang beautifully above them. The atmosphere here is so full of joy. Children are running while laughing happily, holding colourful lanterns tied to a stick. Couples and families are holding hand while taking pictures with their love ones. Yelling of food stall vendors promoting their sells also filled the cheerful atmosphere.

" You look so happy. ", Lan Zhan eyes the excited bunny in front of him.

" That's because I am! ", Wei Ying flashes the latter a wide grin. Lan Zhan can't help but cracks a small smile. He lifts his right hand and brings the back of his hand to his mouth, in case the blush on his face become noticeable ' He's too cute. '

" Oh look! ", Wei Ying points his finger at something. Lan Zhan turns his head towards the direction the shorter boy is pointing at.

Lan Zhan reads the huge banner that's hanging on top of the booth Wei Ying's pointing at, " Ball vs Can? ", Wei Ying nods his head and drags Lan Zhan by his sleeve towards the booth.

" How are we supposed to play this? Do we need to count the amount of balls inside the can? ", Lan Zhan rubs his nape while staring at Wei Ying in confusion.

" What are you talking about? ", He eyes the taller funnily. Lan Zhan frowns at the boy, causing him to let out a snort. " Wait- don't tell me you've never played this game before? ", He brings his palm to his mouth to muffle his laugh.

Lan Zhan feels the heat raises to his cheek and averts the shorter's mocking face. Wei Ying nudges the taller with his elbow, flashing him a smug smirk. " Watch and learn, kiddo. ", he says, walking towards the guy managing the booth.

Lan Zhan frowns at the nickname. " I'm older than you, Wei Ying. " Wei Ying rolls his eyes and rests his arm on the counter, startling the guy. " How much for a ball? ", He arrogantly cocks an eyebrow at him.

The guy let out an awkward laugh, flashing a smile. " 2 yuan for a try, sir. ", he answers politely.

Wei Ying paid for the ball and turns his gaze on Lan Zhan. " This is how an expert do it. ", Wei Ying says with a smirk, which earning himself 2 pair of eyerolls from the vendor and Lan Zhan.

Wei Ying throws the ball, successfully knocking over a red tin can with 30 points written on it, causing the water inside that weighted it to spill over on the ground. He breaks into a huge grin and turns to look at Lan Zhan, excitedly pointing at the can he just knocked over. " See! See! "

Lan Zhan can't help but letting his lips to curve into a small smile. ' Wei Ying is too adorable. ', he silently thought while watching the overexcited boy.

" Here's your prize, sir. ", The guy fishes out a big lantern with little bunny print on it from the prizes cabinet. Wei Ying takes the lantern from his hand with a smile, " Thank you! "

He scurriedly walks towards the taller boy, " Lan Zhan! Lan Zhan! ", The lantern was shoved right in front Lan Zhan, " Look! This is cute right? ", Wei Ying flashes him a toothy grin, showing off his bunny front teeth. Lan Zhan ruffles the boy's hair, " Mn. "