twenty six

finding love.

After splashing some water on his face, the boy looks at the person staring back at him from the mirror. The water dripping down to his chin as he tries to get rid of the frown on his face. Wei Ying shuts his eyes close, running his fingers through his hair in distress. ' Haa Shit, I'm overreacting, am I? '

He doesn't know the reason his heart is aching so much. It is suffocating, he wants to get away from there as fast as possible. Is it jealousy? It can't be right? I don't even like Lan Zhan like that.

Cradling his face in his palms, he let out a frustrated groan. How can I face the both of them after this?

" Hey. Are you done? I need to use the sink. ", A voice suddenly perks up behind him.

Snapping back to the reality, he slowly nods his head twice. " Oh sorry. Yes, I am done. " Wei Ying says, stepping away from the sink.

" It's okay. ", The boy smiles at him. The boy looked about his age, probably from different school. Wei Ying has no energy to crack a smile back so he just nod in response.

As the boy walks to the sink to wash his hands, he starts up a conversation. " You're Wei Wuxian, right? "

Wei Ying was quite shocked as to how the boy had known his name. " Uh.. How..? "

The boy chuckles, " You're quite popular, you know? My brother went to Yunmeng high school too. "

The student let out a dry laugh, cracking a small smile, " Haha. Oh, really? ", Okay, that is weird..

The boy then turns around to look at him, with a sad frown on his face, " Am I making you uncomfortable? I'm sorry, that's not my intention. "

" Ah, you're not. It's- "

" Phew, I'm glad. I thought I'm making you uncomfortable. ", his lips curved happily.

Wei Ying waves his hand dismissively in front of the boy, " Nah, you're not. Don't worry. " You are.

" Ah.. By the way.. ", The lad brings his hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it nervously. Wei Ying cocked an eyebrow at him.

" Do you.. happened to be in a relationship? "

Wei Ying was caught off guard by the sudden personal question.

" Uhh no.. why? ", Stupid! You could've lie and say yes so that he will leave you alone.

" Ah. ", The boy breaks into a huge smile as a shade of pink makes its way to his face. " C-Can I have your- "

Wei Ying panics, he knows exactly what the man wants from him. He forces his brain to think of a solution to get out from this situation at this instant. " Ah! ", He yells out of nowhere, startling the latter.

The boy faintly flinches, taking a step back. " Are- Are your okay? ", he asks, visibly concerned.

" I-I promised my friend to meet him at the mall. ", He lied. The boy frowns, unconvinced but shrugs the feelings off anyway.

" I have to go now? Haha, it's.. nice to talk to you. Okay! Bye! ", Wei Ying awkwardly rushed out from the rest room, sighing heavily. What the hell.. That was hella awkward..

His eyes wander back to their table and his heart dropped. The girl — who was supposed to help her — has her arm wrapped around Lan Zhan's shoulder. He couldn't exactly make out what they're talking about but he could've sworn that he saw the redness slowly makes it way to his bestfriend's face.