thirteen

finding love.

warning, warning

hetero content ahead. pls skip to chapter 14 if you don't wish to see your fav yunmeng boy getting flustered over girl. this is just a filler chapter nothing important haha.

proceed with caution.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

Wen Qing gathers all the plates and cups on the table, neatly arranges them on top of each other and putting them on the sink. Her brother is currently talking with his friends so she doesn't want to bother him although it is his turn to do the dishes.

She is about to grab the sponge when a hand beat her to it causing her to look at the person.

" I-I'll help you with the dishes. ", Jiang Cheng stutters, dipping the sponge in dishwashing liquid.

" No. It's okay. You're the guest here, go and talk with your friends. ", She reasons, reaching out for the sponge in the boy's hand.

Jiang Cheng lifts his arm over his head, holding in a chuckle when the shorter girl stands on her tiptoes, trying to reach it.

" Just let me help you, miss Wen. ", The boy insists. Wen Qing knows that nothing she says would make this boy in front of her backs out, so she just let out a defeated sigh.

" Fine, then. ", She rolls her eyes, making the boy's face lights up. She hold out a dirty plate and Jiang Cheng happily takes it from her hands.

" I've never seen someone this happy doing the dishes. Your mom is one lucky woman. ", She jokes, rinsing the plate that Jiang Cheng just scrubbed and neatly putting it on the rack.

" Hehe. Your parents must be proud too, having a daughter like you. ", He blurts. Blushing, he tried to talk again, " Ah- I'm sorry for bringing them up. I-I mean you're very kind, and and responsible and pretty- that's not it uhh- ", He quickly slaps a palm to his mouth to prevent him from talking and embarrass himself any further making Wen Qing bursts into laughter.

" Now you got soap in your mouth. ", She points a finger to his mouth. Jiang Cheng quickly wipe his mouth with his other hand, making her laugh harder and Jiang Cheng gags at the bitter taste of dishwashing liquid.

He spits out the remaining disgusting substances from his mouth. " That's so gross. "

Wen Qing grabs a napkin from the table and hand it out for Jiang Cheng when her laugh dried out.

" Here, use this. ", Jiang Cheng takes the napkin from her hand, muttering a ' thank you '.

She grabs the sponge from the taller boy's grip, making the boy open his mouth to protest. " Let me do this, you just rinse it and put it on the rack. ", She cut Jiang Cheng attempt to protest off. Puffing his cheeks, he changes their position to the sink nearest to the rack, mumbling a ' fine '.

The clattering of plates and glass are the only sounds heard from the kitchen. None of them mutter a single words after that. But the atmosphere is not the slightest bit awkward at all. They enjoy each other company.

Well, that is it for Wen Qing.

But it is a total opposite to Jiang Cheng. He poor boy is sweating profusely under his calm facade he built just now. The thought of having his crush next to him is making his heart beating as if he just run a marathon. And that's just the thought, but that thought suddenly became a reality. Can't really imagine how that boy must be feeling right now.

" That's the last one. ", Wen Qing stretchs her arm and wipes her wet hands on her apron after. She turns to look at the student beside her, " Thank you for helping me. Uh- I haven't quite figure out your name yet? I only know Wei Ying. Sorry. ", She chuckles making Jiang Cheng's heart flutters even more. ' Even her laugh sounds like an angel singing. ', He internally clutched his heart.

" My name is Jiang Cheng. But you can call me yours. ", He winks at Wen Qing, making her blush a deep shade of red.

That's what he want to say but his mouth just decided to betray him by stuttering like a old car engine being put to use again after being left inside the garage for 4 years.

" J-J-J-J-J "

He slaps a palm to his mouth again, making Wen Qing raises her eyebrows in confusion. " Are you okay? You face is very red, is it too hot in here? Wen Ning already turns on the AC in the living room, you can go to your friend- "

" Jiang Cheng! ", He yells, making the latter jumps in surprise. She eyes the younger boy worriedly. Is he okay?

" That's my name. ", he finished, still looking down out of fear of looking at his crush in the eyes. She let out an awkward chuckles, " Ha.. Haha.. Nice to meet you then, Jiang Cheng. "

The boy's heart, again, skips a beat upon hearing his name came out of his crush's beautiful lips. He looks up at her, smiling brightly with his pink-tinted cheek. " You too.. "

" Let's go to the living room- "

" Can I have your number? "

Wen Qing just stares at the student before her with shock clearly written on her face. Where did all of these sudden boldness suddenly came from?

Jiang Cheng just stares at her with his puppy eyes. For a matter of second, Wen Qing could actually sees a puppy, begging to be pat on the head after being told a good boy in the younger boy in front of her.

Getting caught off guard by the sudden request from the boy, she just mutter a quick " Sure. " , making the boy before her smiles stupidly as if she had just asked him for a hand in marriage.

He rummages through his pocket and takes out his phone, " Here. ", He holds out the phone in front of the girl with a smile which emitting a strong bright happy aura. The dumbfounded girl just type in her number in the boy's phone without any further questions.

Little did they know, a pair of curious eyes is watching their every moves.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

" i did not signed up for this!! where is the freaking wangxian?? "

*sips tea* heeee

currently doing her homework,

©KEWLGHOST