eighteen

finding love.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

Wei Ying lays on the sofa, silently scrolling through his phone. Jiang Fengmian and his wife looks at their usually loud son worriedly.

" Why is he so quiet today? ", Fengmian whispers to his wife.

" I don't know.. Did something happened at school today, A-Cheng? ", Madam Yu turns her gaze at her second child, who is currently munching on an apple while reading a comic.

" Apparently, he and Lan Zhan are not in a good term for now. ", He answers without tearing his gaze from the book. " They'll surely talk to each other again tomorrow though. ", He takes another bite of the fruit.

Yanli suddenly perks up behind her parents, " Really? But aren't they like.. inseparable? What makes them fight? ", She eyes the usually talkative brother of hers, worriedly.

" Ying said that he had done something that made Lan Zhan's angry. ", He flips to the next page, " Aiya, don't worry too much, they'll surely make up the next morning at school. "

The three nod their head, agreeing with Jiang Cheng. ' This family surely shares the same braincell. ', Wei Ying thoughts silently, double tapping a picture on Instagram, ' I guess this is why I don't know how to whisper at all. '

Suddenly, a loud thunder were heard from the skies, causing a few seconds of power outage in the neighborhood. The light flickers back when Madam Yu was just about to grab the candles from the drawer.

" What's happening? ", Jiang Cheng asks worriedly, putting down his comic on the table.

" Oh no.. ", Jiang Yanli looks at the weather outside from the window. The skies are painted grey, almost black considering it is like 6 PM now. Heavy rains drops against the road and roofs are very loud overpowering any other noise in the neighbourhood. The winds are real violent, causing a small tree in their neighbor's yard to snap and fell on the ground with a loud thud. The sound of booming thunders once again make the family flinch in shock.

" A-Xian, quick! Turn off the television! Aiya and don't use your phone! It's raining! ", Madam Yu sternly orders her youngest child, pointing aggressively at his phone. Wei Ying sighs, rolling his eyes internally and shoves his phone in his pocket.

Just as he about to grab the remote control of the TV, Jiang Fengmian beats him to it causing Madam Yu to widen her eyes and stomp towards her husband trying to reach the remote control from his hand.

" Jiang Fengmian! You want our TV to explode ah? ", She scolds her husband, standing on her tiptoes to reach for the thing causing Fengmian to lift it up high above his head.

" Hey hey! Dear! Calm down. Let's watch the news if there are anything about this weather. I'll give this to you afterwards. ", Jiang Fengmian assures his wife, patting her head gently causing her to slap his hand away. " I'm 42 years old, cut it out! ", She pushs her husband off her.

The husband sticks his tongue out at the wife, causing the children to snicker in laughter.

" Heavy thunderstorm warning. Avoid driving in this weather. Accidents are very likely to happen. For your safety, everyone are advised to stay at home. Please don't go out- "

Madam Yu snatches the remote control from her husband's hand and turn it off. " You heard her! The weather is bad! We need to turn off the TV now. "

" I was looking at the weather lady. ", Fengmian pouts, earning himself a smack on the head by the angry lady beside him. " You're sleeping on the couch tonight! ", She scoffs, stomping her way to the kitchen to cook dinner. Yanli chuckles to herself, following her mother to help her with the dinner.