nineteen

finding love.

•🌿-🌿-🌿•

They lay on the muddy ground as soon as they got out from the river. Lan Zhan pants aloud, taking a deep breath to stabilize his uneven breathing. The rain subtle down a little and Wei Ying let out a breath of relief. He looks over at the boy beside him with worries evident in his eyes.

" Lan Zhan.. ", He gently grabs the taller boy his shoulders, " You- You okay right? ", He looks over Lan Zhan's figure , searching for any injuries. His eyes gaze upon the taller's leg and his eyesbrows crease into a worried frown. .

" Lan Zhan.. ", His voice shaking slightly. " Your leg.. What happened? ", He chokes out, his eyes are still fixed on the huge open wound on Lan Zhan's right leg. Blood are gushing out from the wound, some skin are slightly torn off around the wound making the shorter winces just from looking at the view.

Lan Zhan opens his mouth, yet no words come out. His teeth are clattering from the freezing cold water. His once full strawberry red lips are now blue, so pale. His breathing is uneven, as his half lidded eyes began to close itself slowly, causing Wei Ying to panic.

" Please! Don't close your eyes! " He panics, looking at his surrounding, searching for something he himself don't actually know what. His gaze fell on a huge tree not far from them. Let's use that tree as a shelter from the rain for now.

" Lan Zhan. I'm sorry but can you walk? ", He gently asks the shivering taller boy, Lan Zhan looks at the worried bunny in front of him, eyes softening. " Don't worry about me, Wei Ying. ", he cracks a small smile and nods ever so slightly, almost unnoticeable.

He tries to sit up straight first with Wei Ying's help. The shorter wraps his arms around the latter's waist, supporting him to stand. Lan Zhan winces in pain, he hope that the wound would not get infected before the help arrives.

They both staggers slowly towards the huge tree. Luckily, this tree has a lot of branches, although there are no leaves, it's still sheltering them from the rain a little. Wei Ying slowly helps Lan Zhan to sit on the ground, resting his back against the said tree.

Wei Ying crouches down in front of Lan Zhan, giving him a reassuring smile, " I'm going to search for woods for your leg, okay. " As Wei Ying just about to stand up, a cold hand engulfs his causing him to stop in his track.

" Don't leave me... ", The grasp on Wei Ying's hand tighten, his voice cracking, " Not again. "

Wei Ying's heart drops at the sound of Lan Zhan's quiet pleads. He must've been scared. I mean, who wouldn't be. The shorter crouches down in front of him again, cupping the latter's cheek in his bloodied hands. " I won't be long. I won't be too far either, I'll make sure you can see me from the distance okay. ", He smiles reassuring. Wei Ying stares into latter's teary eyes, his thumb gently strokes the boy's cheek, " I won't leave you. Ever. "

He stands up straight and walk towards the nearby trees, searching for woods that are suitable to temporary help Lan Zhan to walk. His eyes fell on two thick rectangular shaped woods, in about an arm long. There are rusty nails sticking out from the pieces of the woods. Is this from a small hut? Are there any other shelter in this forest?

He yanks out the nails from the pieces of woods with his fingers. " Ah. Shit. ", the nail somehow pricks his finger. Wei Ying put his finger in his clothes and press on it to put some pressure on the cut, causing the blood to seep through his already wet clothes. I'm so clumsy. I hate it.

He walks back towards Lan Zhan with the woods in his arms, " I told you I'll be quick right? ", Wei Ying grins at the boy which he returns with a relieved smile. " Mn. ", He hums, nodding.