29. My Boyfriend, Mew

1 month has passed and the men barely had time for each other. Mew was busy with his dance teachings and phd researches, he is close to graduating so the work is even harder now. Gulf on the other hand has been occupied with football training, maintaining a strict diet and a lot of exercises. Keeping their relationship private also put a bit of strain on them as they couldn't go out like usual. They would only spend time together at either of their homes. 

Today,  Gulf finally met Mew's brother and sister-in-law. They got well together. Gulf really liked his brother, he was similar and a bit different from Mew. He didn't seem to have a guard up while talking about their family like Mew. Mew would go quite whenever Tong would mention their family. Gulf took the opportunity to get to know more about child Mew.  They all were having dinner together. 

"Phi, is there any funny or naughty things P'Mew did as a child?" 

"Naughty? not really, all he would do is run behind mom all day. Literally he was such a mama's boy. He made so little friends because he would just be with mom all day. Even she got tired" Tong chuckled "but even I think mom loved him the most,  he never had those middle child problems. ohh when he was 10, he burned down the kitchen on mom's birthday. He was trying to make her a cake" he laughed "The oven was on fire and we had to use fire extinguisher. Dad was so mad at him and even yelled and him, we all expected mom to be mad as well but she was so happy that she hugged him. She said it's the thought that matters and after that she taught him how to cook. Remember what she told us Mew?" 

"Cooking is one of the best gifts you can give to those you love" Mew says with a smile but it vanishes within seconds and he starts playing with the fork on the plate. 

Gulf decided not to ask more questions. Later Mew was washing the dishes and Gulf, Tong and Archara(his wife)  were sitting on the living room couch. 

"Phi" Gulf speaks "Can you tell me about your family. why P'Mew never speaks of his father? he rarely speaks about his mother too. what happened?" 

"Don't you think Mew should be the one to tell you about this?" P'Ara says

"I know" Gulf says sadly "but I feel he won't tell even if I ask or wait for him to tell. I don't think it's about trusting me but rather something else" 

Tong thinks for a while then decides to tell him "You know our mom died from cancer right?" 

Gulf nods. 

"Our mom and dad were high school sweet hearts. They fell in love when they were 16 I think and been together since then. Mew, out of all of us was the most proudest of them. He would always brag about their true love in school, to his friends, his teachers. He completely believed in their love and how strong it was. His whole life he's seen how our dad cherished her, loved her, respected her and how she did the same. So when she died, dad obviously was a mess and so was I and our little sister. Mew was the one who took care of us even though he was the closest to mom of all of us. He became so strong for us. He took care of dad, fed him, helped me managed our family business, took care our teenage sister. It was going fine for a while but one day dad introduced us to his girlfriend and that's when Mew started hating dad. He couldn't believe how dad could find someone else just within 2 years. He distanced himself from him and stopped talking to him fully after he married her." 

"Do you hate your dad phi?" Gulf asked 

"I don't have the right to, Gulf I can see he is happy now and that's all that matters to me. Mew on the other hand was like I said is Mama's boy so he hated dad for giving our mom's place to someone else. Don't get him wrong Gulf, he can see dad is happy and I'm sure he is happy for him but he feels like he's betraying our mother if he accepts them. He was also going through a break-up then and everything was getting too much for him so he decided to push everyone away. But the thing about pushing people away is that you forget how to get back to them. Our dad tried to get to him when he was pushing him away but later gave up, he thinks Mew hates him. The reason I'm telling you this is not so you can get them back together or anything, but I want you to know that Mew can push people away when everything gets heavy so don't let him push you away. Just hold his hand and be with him. I'm sure dad and him will be fine in a few years"