33. Before the big day

Gulf enters home with heavy steps, his day was absolute shit. The training was way more than usual, Mild has been annoying him with wedding ideas with a 'I have more experience than you in planning a wedding' line and showing him many different wedding destinations. It has only been 3 weeks since they've been back from the amazing mini vacation at Maldives which was even better with the proposals. Though he had quite a lot of ideas himself nothing seemed to be perfect. He looked over hundreds of places, venues, halls but nothing told him 'this is the one', it just didn't seem to get his attention. Mew told him it's still too early to plan everything as they can just take their time but Gulf wants everything sorted out, the football league starts in 4 months and he wants everything planned out before it. They plan to get married after the league ends so that would be in 5 or 6 months. 

He walks into their home and looks around but Mew is not there. He checks their bedroom but still no trace of him, he smiles when he sees Mew in the study room where he is working on his laptop sitting on a chair in front of a table. Gulf leans on the door frame and looks at his fiancé. He smiles even more at that word. 

"I'm home" Gulf says softly 

Mew smiles at him "I know.. heard you screaming at Mild on the phone. You know I could hear your screams from the garage?" he chuckles 

Gulf gives him a small smile "He was annoying me" he leans his head on the door "When will you be done with work?" 

"Soon hopefully" Mew says while still typing 

Gulf sighs "okay. I'll go take a shower" he says softly, looking at Mew he can tell the older already took one as he is wearing night clothes. With more heavy steps he goes to their room. Today was a really exhausting day for him and all he wanted to do was cuddle Mew. He goes straight to study room after showering for a long time but finds Mew still working. He doesn't want to disturb him so he sits on a chair across him with his elbows on table and hands cupping his face as he looks at Mew fondly. 

Mew smiles "Will be done soon, baby" He says and every now and then looks at Gulf who wouldn't stop looking at him, his eyes look sad and exhausted and all he wants to do is complete this work as soon as possible. 

Gulf sits there for 15 minutes. He groans "Mewww" 

"I'm sorry, baby. I have to finish this tonight or dad will kill me" 

Gulf sighs and gets up. Mew was about to stop him but Gulf just goes around the table and pushes Mew chair a bit back. He gives Mew a small peck and sits on his lap, wraps his legs around him and buries his face his neck (the chair was quite big). Mew rubs his back softly "Are you okay baby?" 

"Yes, just exhausted" Gulf mumbles "You can continue working, let me just sit here for a while" 

Mew smiles and adjusts the chair and starts typing while having a koala Gulf cling to him, not that he minds, he gives him a kiss on the head and continues working. He rocks him like a baby and kisses his shoulders whenever he feels like it. After 25 minutes he is finally done, he finishes everything and closes his laptop and looks at the little clingy cat on his lap. 

Ever since Mew proposed Gulf has been extra clingy, extra loving and caring. At first Mew thought it was just the happy feeling he has and will probably cool down soon but it hasn't. It was later that he understood that he tore down a wall Gulf built which he didn't know he had. Mew realized that Gulf was maybe still scared that they might not end up together, that he was still nervous as Mew is his first serious and long term relationship but after the proposal it's like he completely believed that Mew will never leave him, will never stop loving and that he truly wants to spend the whole life together and he could see some changes in Gulf.