Chapter 9

After that day, the week flew by in a blink and the wedding of saumya is going to take place in 4 days. But the rituals are starting from tomorrow. That's why I am wrapping up my work for next week so there won't be much of glitches without me. I have been so busy with work these days that I hardly got time for myself. And if I manage to scratch few hours, then I spend them with Saumya because we want to make the most of the days we left together before she gets married and get busy with her new life.

My babies aka my best friends have grown so much and came so far in life. They both are successful and have their own individuality. They manage to keep their love as strong as ever in this time, where people changes partners like seasons. I am so proud of them.

Zindagi sawar du, ek nayi Bahar du,
Duniya hi badaldu Mai to pyara sa chamatkar hu.
Mai kisi ki ka sapna hu, jo aaj ban Chula hu Sach...

My phone's ringtone pull me out of my thoughts. It's samyak who set a special ringtone for him because he thinks he is my doraemon.

May God bless his delusional heart.

"Yes asshole." I answered.

"Good evening to you too coco" He replied, using that annoying nickname.

"Are you done with your nonsense. Because unlike you I have alot to complete in next 1 hour" I said irritatingly.

"Wow. Your are on-- I will rip you off if you do anything or even dare to take a breathe-- mode. Cramps must be so bad to make you this angry. I told you not to come to office but you had to be stubborn and come to office. Just for once try to listen to me. " He said.

" Okay I am cutting the call" I said and was about to cut the call but his voice stopped me.

"Krish, wait. Okay I won't waste your precious time. I just called you to ask if you have shopped for yourself. You know those dresses, you will wear on each function." He asked to me like I am a child.

"Shit" I cussed out because I was so engrossed in work and with Saumya that I forgot to shop for myself.

"I knew that. That's why I am your saving grace. I knew you will probably forget about yourself. That is why I shopped for you on your behalf." He said.

"Really. Thank you thank you so much. I seriously have the best best friend of the world." I said cheerfully.

"Of course you have. All your have been delivered with sau's wedding dress. " He said. I felt so happy that he takes care of everything I need, that also when we are nothing but best friend.

But suddenly my cramps kick in and I groaned. It's 2nd day today so they are worse right now.

"What happen? You fall again or hit yourself or twist your ankle or inured your...." He started but I groan again because the pain was unbearable.

"Damn I forgot about your cramps. That's it. I am coming to pick you up. You have worked enough for a whole month." he said and I heard door closing in background.

"Sammy. It's OK. I can manage and also I have drive to office in my car." I said trying hard not to sound weak. Generally I work from home on my menstrual days but today's work was inevitable so I had to come and I was managing just fine till now.

"I am not listening anything. Try to rest untill I reach there. I will be there in 10 minutes. " He ordered. I sighed and nodded then realized he can't see me so said yes and cut the call and tried to place the files on their correct place but the pain was so hard that I couldn't even stand so I sat back on my chair and rest my head between my arms on the table. I started taking deep breaths to calm to ease myself.

After sometime I heard the door of my cabin open. I didn't need to look up to know who it was.

"Krish. You okay" He asked. I felt him near me. I nodded but didn't turn my head because I know he will know by my face just how vulnerable I am right now. And I don't know for what reason I am crying.

Damn these hormones and mood swings. I live on edge in these days.

"Hey, look at me. Are you really fine." I felt him kneel down beside me and he started running his hand up and and down my back, which felt a bit nice.

I nodded again. He sighed and make me turn my head to him. He looked at me and wiped my tears and got up.

" Come on. Let's take you home. You definitely need rest." He said. I nodded and tried to stand but the pain was still unbearable. He noticed that so he picked me in his arms in bridal style and started walking.

"I will walk. Put me down." I said.

"We both know I am not doing that. So stop fighting and just relax" He replied. I huffed in annoyance and that made my nerves in stomach to stretch which increases the pain.

I closed my eyes and buried my head in the crook of his neck to find any sort of comfort because I do not want to look at those judging employees of company. I bet I and samyak are gonna be the new hot topic for them.

"People will spread rumor." I mumble but audible enough for him.

"I never cared about what they think of me or the rumors about me." He said while chuckling. "Also it's not a crime to take care of your wife to be when she is in pain." He countered. I smile at this.

He walked out of the office with me in his arms and place me in the passenger seat of my car and started driving to home.

"How did you come here" I asked.

"My driver dropped me." He answered. I nodded. We reach my apartment in 15 minutes and again he carried me inside. He took me to my room and place me on my bed.

"Now. You are taking rest. I will make some soup for you." He said and kissed my forehead before walking out of the room. I smile at this and nod my head. I put off my footwear but was too tired to change so I put off the blazer and lie down. When I think about everything samyak does for me, I feel so grateful. Since the day he walked into my life, he never backed away. Though we started as arch nemesis and then turn into best friends. But I couldn't have it any other way around. I cherish each and every moment we spend together.