Chapter 25

"Ha Nani ji. I am fine. Don't worry. I am your strong kid. I will get healthy discharge in next 2 days. Please stop worrying about me." I said trying to convince her.

"Yes Nani ji. She is all right. And I am here with her. I will take care of her perfectly." Samyak said from beside me. She nodded her head.

"Please, eat on time and stay safe. We all were worried about you." She said.

"I know. But now I am recovering so stop worrying. Okay" I told her. She smiled.

"A mother can never stop worrying about her kids." She said.

"I know. But a mother deserves to relax too." I replied. She laughed and we bid our byes. I closed the laptop which was on the table.

It's been 4 days since I am here in this hospital. I chatted with everyone on call to confirm that I haven't died and still there to annoy the hell out of them. But putting jokes aside, everyone was so worried about me. They all wanted to visit me but it's not possible for all of them to visit me. But my mama, Raghav uncle, my brother and Saumya and rishi came. I told them not to visit as I am fine but they did not hear and came. They wanted to stay untill I get more healthy but because of their work they have to leave. They just left 1 hour ago.

It's sad that I wasn't able to drop them off to airport. They didn't even let samyak to drop them off because I will be alone while he will be with them and they didn't want it.

"You okay." Samyak asked putting the laptop and table away from the bed. I look at the watch it's 11:15 and the medicines started to kick in. I feel drowsy now.

"Yeah. Just feeling sleepy." I replied.

"yes. It's bed time." He chirped.

"You are saying it like I am a toddler." I scoffed.

"Well....that's what you are." He said.

"Whatever. Now play the guitar and sing me lullaby." I ordered and samyak roll his eyes but picked his guitar, place the chair near my bed and sat.

I made him bring his guitar from home today so that he can sing for me.

Hey, a girl needs her entertainment. Right.

He started playing the chords like a pro. I got comfortable in my place. He started humming. I smiled while looking at him because he was so indulged in it.

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind, it was meant to be
And I'm joinin' up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

He started singing the lyrics of one of my favorite songs of one direction. He opened his close eyes and stared directly at me. My heart skip a beat because of his intense gaze.

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes
When you smile
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine
But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you, oh, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

The way he was looking at me, I can't express it in the words but that look gave me the confirmation that I was looking for these days. His looks told me that we both are on the same boat. He also feels something for me. My heart flutter just by the thought of it.

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep
Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I was trying hard to keep my eyes open but failing miserably and his voice is just so melodious that it was hard not to fall asleep. It was so soothing. I was so relaxed and happy. Samyak put his guitar aside but kept singing and walked to me and started rubbing my head. It felt so good.

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

My eyes were closed but I could feel his presence. I hold his hand with my hand. He sat on the very little place that left beside me.

You never love yourself half as much as I love you
And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to
If I let you know, I'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like I love you,

I thought he stopped singing but I was too tired to protest so I didn't say anything and I was just about to fall asleep. I was ready to jump into the world of my dreams but before that I felt him kiss my forehead and he sang the last verse.

And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth
'Cause it's you, oh, it's you, it's you they add up to
And I'm in love with you and all these little things.

I think he thought I was asleep or maybe it's a mirage made by my mind because of the heavy medicines. But at that moment even with my close eyes I can feel the true emotions. I felt the love and I wondered from how long it's in his heart. I tried not to let him know that I am still awake and can feel him or listen to him.

After that forehead kiss he sat back and after that I didn't know what happened because I fell in the deep and very happy slumber.