Chapter 12

"K, what are you doing inside. We have 30 minutes before we leave. You have to get ready too. Come out fast." Khushboo yelled to me from behind the door.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I forgot that I have a deadline for taking shower and now I outstrip it. But it's not my fault. It's the fault of that charmingly cocky idiot.

." yes. Bro is there anybody other than you in the room."I asked.

" No. It's safe to come out. " she answered. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked out of the bathroom.

" Woah someone is looking hot and elegant at the same time. Pankaj is not letting you out of hus sight today. "I complemented my best friend who looks like a diva in blue lehenga.

" thank you k. But What took you so long. Don't tell me you were making out with Sam. " She asked. I gave her the deadpan look and she chuckled.
"you know k. Now is the high time you give into your feelings and try to get past your phobia of love. You won't know how happy you can be until you let go of fears." she said.

"I am very happy the way I am. What else I need. I have my family, the best of friends, a successful career. What else I need." I explained.

"You are way too stubborn for your own good. But all I want is you to be happy and if you think, this is what makes you happy then alright. I won't pressure you to do things you don't want to." She sighed.

"Thanks." I replied thankfully that she closes the matter.

I know they want me to be happy but I am still not ready to risk and I don't think I will ever be. It took me years to come out of the grief and misery of my past and build a wall around me which keeps me safe and I am not ready to let anyone in just to destroy them and again make me the suffering little girl.

"Come on sit. I will do your make up." She said.

"No no no no no. It's Sangeet night today. I want to dance freely without worrying about that my sweat will ruin the mascara or the eyeliner and I will look like a clown." I protest. I am not a big fan of make up. Hell, I don't even apply cream on my face. Just some coconut oil before sleeping and my skin will be moisturized for the next day.

" Even at your worse, you will still look more beautiful than the 99%of the female population but that's not the topic of discussion. You just come and sit here. I will do the minimal make up. Trust me." She said. I snort at her but walked and sat on bed.

" Exactly why are we getting ready here."I asked as she put her weapons aka makeup items on bed.

" Because sau is getting ready by the beautician. Now close your eyes and don't you dare to budge on your place. "She warned.

" Yes miss bossy pants. " I smiled and closed my eyes. My mind again went to the thoughts of samyak as instantly as I closed my eyes. I tried to erase them but all I could see is him in different expression.

I think I am losing my brain cells.

"Done. Now open your eyes." She ordered. I slowly open my eyes and looked at my reflection in mirror.

Woah. I was looking pretty. Unlike my usual tomboy look, I am looking different. A good different. It's not like I don't wear ethnic dresses but it's been long since I last wore them and got ready for a function.

"Someone has rightly said that Indian women look most beautiful in Indian dresses. And you my darling is going to break many hearts today. You are looking magnificent." She complimented me.

"Well you are going overboard but thank you anyway." I replied and we walked out of the room and to Saumya's room where she was wearing her stilettos.