Chapter 13

"Nani ji" I said happily and hugged her.

"Mera baccha" She said.

It took my whole willpower to not to burst in tears. My family of my mother's side is the only family I have. They took us under their care when they have all the options to back off or refuse. And not just they raised us, they gave us the love, nurture, care and support that my own father fails to give.

Don't think about him. You are happy and don't want to ruin your mood, now do we.

Nani kissed my forehead and free me from her embrace. I am meeting them after 3 months, though we almost talk daily.

"Mama" I almost jumped on him but he caught me in his arm. Everybody around us laughed at my childishness.

My mamas are my biggest support. The father figure of my life. They are the people to whom I look up to and try to be like them because they are my greatest inspiration. All three of them. They treated me like a princess. Their and love and support is the reason why I am a successful in my career. In the time when I was lost and felt like to give up on myself, they made me believe and guide me to the end of that dark tunnel where the light was. I owe them my life for making me who I am.

"How are you kid." He asked.

"As fine as you." I replied.

And then I hugged my Mami. God seriously blessed me with such great people because even my mamis are not the stereotypical bitches what Indian cinema portrays. After my mom's death they took the role of my  my mum and loved me even more than their own kids. I was 7 and my brother was 5 at that time. They were not obligated to do but the wanted to.

When I say my family is my strength, I mean it with my whole heart. I don't know if would have been alive if it's not for them.

"Mr Chandra. Thank you so much for taking care this notorious girl. Because of you and your family, we don't have to worry about her." My mama said.

"Please don't thank us. Krishnaa is very loving girl and like another daughter to us." He replied. I sometimes wonder what I did to deserve such great people.

"Yes. And now she is officially going to be our daughter in law in few months." Vinita aunty says.

Samyak's family and my family know each other from the time of our post graduation. When mama used to visit me here, I introduced samyak and uncle and aunty to them. Since then our friendship has become a family friendship. So when uncle asked my mamas and my family, for my and samyak's marriage, they instantly agreed. Although I am the first person in my family who is marrying in an another cast. Mama said that if I am ready than nobody has problems. All they want is me to be happy and they know chandra's are very good people.

"This reminds me to have a talk with samyak. Where is he anyway" Mama said.

"Mama, you are not going to scare him by your police antics." I scolded. Me and mama share a very friendly bond so I am not afraid to say or joke with them.

"Look at my little princess. How possessive she is of her husband to be." mama teased me. I blushed out of embarrassment and they all laughed.

"Let's go and have a sit. The function is about to begin." Aunty said.

"Yes. Let's go. Khushboo and Saumya will be surprised to see you all." I said and we went to take our respective seats.

Till now all the guests have come and the anchors are also ready to start the function. I took my seat between khushboo and samyak.

" Mama said he wanted to talk to me after the function. I hop he does not have gun to kill me right." He asked looking tense. I laughed at this.

"It's nothing, don't worry. He is like a father to me so you are bound to have this conversation with him and also with the 2 who are not here. But I can't guarantee about the gun thing if you had that conversation in our home." I told him lightly.