Chapter 24

KRISHNAA'S POV.

I wake up from my sleep. But why my body is feeling so much pain. Every part of my body was feeling very heavy. I couldn't even open my eyes properly but after mustering all my strength, I was able to open my eyes enough to notice my surroundings.

I was in a room which was totally unfamiliar to me. When I tried to rotate my head, I felt a great deal of pain in my neck and my head is hurting like I have hit it. I hissed a little but it was not audible. My throat was dry too. I was feeling thirsty. I brought my gaze to down to my body which was covered in a duet.

I was not able to feel most of my body parts. I shifted my gaze to my left in confusion to figure out where the hell am I. I saw the person whom I was unconsciously searching for, sleeping. He was sitting on the chair, his head was on the bed and he was holding my hand like his life is dependent on it. I smiled. But then I saw so many machines beside me. Which confirmed that I am in hospital.

But what happened. Why am I here. Think krishna think.

I remember we took a day off and I went to the grocery shop to buy...... Grocery shop.

OH god.

There was an attack of mobs in the grocery shop while I was there.

Oh. Now I remember each and every thing. How samyak came for our rescue. And I got shot. That fucking mob shot me on stomach. That's why I am here.

I remember saying goodbye to samyak because I thought I will not make out of this. But guess what, my soul doesn't want to leave this body too.

I remember SAMYAK'S crying face. It hurts me that how broken he looked at that time. I never want to see that look on his face ever again. But why is he sleeping on chair. He could have gone to home and sleep there in comfort. I smiled while looking at him.

I don't know till how much time I stared at him. After some time he stirred and open his eyes. He directly look into my eyes and mumbled a hushed good morning. I smiled and wanted to say but my throat wasn't helping much.

Then it's like, he suddenly realized something and he sat straight and fully awake looking at me.

"You are awake." He mumbled. I nodded. "thank God you are finally awake." He smiled and pressed that button which was on the table beside me. He was holding my hand so tight.

Suddenly doctor and nurse walked in the room. "Miss Soni. You are awake. That's good." He said. "How are you feeling."

I tried to answer the question but because of my sore throat I coughed. Samyak grabbed the bottle in hurry and made me drink the water.

Hash. Now I feel much better.

"I am feeling fine doctor. But my body is paying and the body parts feeling so heavy." I replied in a barely audible voice. But they heard it.

"Yes. That's because of heavy medication. But don't worry it will wear off in 2-3 hours. You will feel better." He said.

I nodded.

"Umm Mr. Chandra will you please go outside. We have to do some check ups to miss Soni." Doctor said.

"No. I am sitting on the corner but I am not leaving." He said stubbornly like a kid. I chuckled. He was looking at me with a foul on his face.

"Okay. That will do. Now go and sit on the sofa" Doctor said. He obeyed it and sat on sofa but his eyes were on me. I could feel them.

They run their normal check up on me. "Hmm... Everything seems fine for now. Your wounds will began their healing process soon." He said.

"Thank you doctor." I said.

"No miss Soni. I should be the one to thank you. You saved those people without even thinking about yourself. Thank you so much for being this brave." He said. I smiled.

"It's my duty as a human. I did what a person should do." I replied. He smiled in return.

"Well, if you want to sit, just take your fiance's help. I will again come to check on you." With that said the doctor and nurse went away. Samyak again sat back on the chair. I saw his eyes tearing up a little.

I cleared my throat. "Will you please help, I want to sit." I said. He looked up and nodded. He put the pillow for my comfort then he hold me carefully from my back and made me sit. After that he was silent. He didn't talk.

"Sammy...." I started but got cut off by him in the middle.

"No. Don't say a word. I am so mad at you." He muttered while looking down.

"Please. Look at me." I pleaded. He shook his head. So I grabbed his hand to bring his attention to me. He looked up. "come here" I said and pat on the empty place on my left side. He got up from his seat and sat there but still didn't look at me. "I am sorry." I mumbled and rest my head on his shoulder and hold his hand in mine. I needed his comfort right now.

"God coco. Don't say sorry. It's not your fault but I am still mad at you. But tell me are you really okay. You feel fine?" He asked. I nodded and mumbled a meek yes. He turned his body to me and hold my face in his hands. "Thank God you are fine or else I would have lost my mind. I was so scared, so frightened. Don't ever do this please. I can't lose you." He said and tears started flowing out of his eyes.

The look on his face made me feel so bad. He was looking so broken. I wiped his tears from my left hand." I will never leave you. I promise. "I mumbled. He kissed my forehead and put our forehead against to each other.

" please. Don't ever say goodbye to me. I won't be able to live without you. "He said. I nodded. He wiped my face and then I realized that I was also crying with him. I keep looking in his eyes. Our faces were so close. I thought I will never be able to see this Chocolate brown eyes.

I don't know if it's because of heavy medications or the near to death experience I had. I had this urge to kiss his lips to make sure this is not an illusion. That I am really alive. And this time I don't want to stop myself or I am not in the state to listen to mind.

Hence I did what I wanted. I put my left hand on his head, and bring it more closer to me. I closed my eyes and touched his lips from mine.