22-Flirty

Mwenye kovu usidhani kapowa.
(Do not think one with a scar is healed)

______________________________________

Raziya

Everything was going so well. For a minute I forgot that I wanted to stay away from Taji. But I could never get over the freedom I felt once I got comfortable around him each time. I honestly didn't want the ride to end. I didn't want to go back to the reality of my discomfort in the warm fuzzy feelings I was having for my client.

Anyway, have you ever been in a state of total bliss, the one that makes you feel like you're frolicking in a flowery meadow with a rainbow in the background, then out of nowhere a boulder rolls towards you then everything goes black? That's exactly what I felt when my eyes landed on Jab, and Anita.

"What's up strawberry?" Taji asked. His face showed genuine concern about my mood change but there was a slight hint of rage that he was trying to hold back. My mind immediately convinced me that Lily definitely told him about Jab and he was now seeing me like a broken girl struggling to get herself out of a dry well.

"You know, don't you?" I asked.

"Know what?" He acted puzzled.

"Drop the act I know Lily told you everything, I'm going to look for Riziki. You can follow me if you want." I spat then got out of the car slamming his door shut.

"Yo! What are you talking about? Could you just wait up," Taji called out as he stepped out of the car to rush to catch up with my hastened steps.

"I don't want your pity Taji! Let's just get in, do what brought us here then get out!" I hissed back at him. He run his fingers through his hair and I noticed some scars on his knuckles. It freaked me out a bit but everything got weirder as I watched him breathe heavily, nearly hyperventilating.

What is it with this guy?

He let out one last breath then smiled at me. "Okay," he said as he stretched his hand in front of me indicating for me to lead the way. I narrowed my eyes to slits as I tried to figure out what just happened. I then shrugged my shoulders then continued walking.

"Raz!" My sister called out as she ran up to me and threw herself on me, wrapping her long arms round my neck. She pulled away with a grin then did the same to Taji. "Wait, you two know each other? And can we all just take a moment and admire the hair?" She said making Taji smile.

"Apparently so," I answered.

"It's been a while, how's school treating you," Taji asked looking rather excited to see her.

"The usual, annoying girls all around, complicated teachers, books, tension and anxiety as the main exam gets closer and closer, yeah."

"Wait, you're in your final year? Raz didn't even tell me to bring a success card," he said as he pouted at me.

"Well you didn't tell me that you were coming Taji," I shot back raising an eyebrow at him. The smirk creeping up his face notified me that he was going to say something rude but Riz stepped in.

"Before you guys start shedding blood here, you still haven't answered my question. How do you guys know each other,"

"He's just one of my clients," I replied. Taji quizzically furrowed his eyebrows at me and you didn't need a psychology degree to see the hurt in his eyes. My heart ached to take back what I'd just said, but what else was I supposed to say?

"You have no idea how much I was waiting to brag about how I have a friend who drives your dream car when I got back. Yet here he is. Nairobi is way too small." Riz joked. Three of her friends came up to us and started nudging each other on the side whispering, "You go first, no you go first," till one of them eventually spoke up.