Chapter 1

I wake up to the soft touch of my husbands hand, caressing my cheek. Even now it sounds weird saying that. I gently grab his hand and shift my body closer to his. I smile, still with my eyes closed, and rest my head into his shoulder. "You up sleepy head?" Thomas quietly asked. I nodded slowly, not wanting to leave my warm caccoon of blankets.

Falling back into slumber, gravity took over, causing my hand to unclench from his and slowly fall down his muscly chest. He lifted it back up before it hit the bed sheet and kissed it. I smiled once more. Thomas then moved a stray piece of hair that was covering my eye behind my ear. "You're so beautiful, you know that?" he said in awe. I laughed, not believing it. "You know it's true," he replied, and then leaned over and kissed my forehead.

I heard him lift up, and I opened one of my eyes to see what he was doing. Even after he wakes up in the morning he looks gorgeous. Who am I kidding, he is handsome all the time. "I'm going to make coffee, you want one love?" he said when he met my gaze. "Yes please," I said.

He got up from the bed and walked downstairs, pajamas and all. I snuggled up in my blanket even more, the coldness starting to hit me, now that Thomas had left. I lay in bed for a little longer, unable to fall back asleep, I shrugged and just sat up. As soon as I did this, Thomas walked into the bedroom, holding 2 steaming cups of coffee in his hands. He handed one to me, and I thanked him with a kiss. He settled himself on the left side of the bed. I scooted closer to him, sipping my surprisingly warm coffee. He put his arm around me, and we just sat with each other in silence. We conversed about high school, about the very first moments of when we met. That was 9 years ago when we first met. I was 15. Now we're married. I unknowingly shook my head. Time has gone by so fast.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" Thomas playfully asked. "Just thinking about high school," I replied. He grabbed my free hand and traced the top of it with his thumb. "Me too. I'm so glad I came to America for the exchange program." I rested my head on his shoulder and smiled, "I'm glad you came too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! :) So this is the first chapter of Always, the sequel to Maybe. I'm so glad I'm back with this storyline, I've missed it! Stay tuned for the next chapter, and if you haven't read the first book, Maybe, I recommend you read that one first! :)

-crankynewt