1

side note: peter and the squad are seniors in high school

Dianna's POV

*tw: mentions of drugs + overdose*

It's been months since Peter and I have broken up. Things weren't going too well in our relationship and we were both coming to the realization that it's time to end it, a mutual agreement if you will. We were constantly bumping heads on the smallest things. There were too many arguments to keep track of.

Neither one of us have spoken to the other since the breakup. I do miss having him around and hanging out with he and Ned, but I guess it was for the best. I miss cuddling with him and knowing that I was safe in his arms.

After the blip, things were different between us. Everyone was still trying to settle back into society and adjust to everything that's happened, I mean after all, we were gone for five years.

And when we came back, we were constantly keeping secrets from each other. Peter didn't tell me about Europe. I wasn't being honest with him about life at home. Basically, my mom didn't know how to cope with readjusting to society after five years of being gone so she turned to drugs and overdosed. I was sent to live with my father, the one and only, Bruce Banner. Well, he moved to Queens so that I didn't have to transfer schools, so I'm grateful for that.

"Are you going to the football game tonight?" my dad asked.

"How'd you know about that?"

"Skylar came by earlier and asked me to ask you because she got her phone taken away."

"She didn't want to come in?"

"She said she had some quick errands to run."

"I don't know if I want to go to the game."

"D, you can't stay home for the rest of your life. You have to put yourself out there."

"I do."

"That's not what I meant."

After ending my relationship with Peter, I knew that regardless of our friendship status, he was going to keep a close eye on me. I didn't want any sort of confrontation by him because I knew I was going to melt looking into his brown eyes and cave into the want of being in a relationship with him again.

"I know. I just don't want to be met with the same person that I gave my whole heart to for three years. Things happen and people change." I sat next to my dad on the couch.

"Why are you so scared of seeing him in person?"

"It's not that I'm scared. It's that I don't want to fall back into this relationship with him. We were constantly fighting, getting nothing sorted out. Our relationship was getting toxic and suffocating. Peter's one of the most genuine people that I know, I don't want to fall back in love with him and go through all of this again."

"What were you guys always fighting about?"

"He kept claiming that Nick and I were dating when he knew that we weren't. I felt like I was being blamed for things because he was upset about something else. I expressed that to him, on multiple occasions, but again, nothing got sorted out. There was no meaning behind apologies coming from either one of us when arguments came up." I thought about all the good times I had with Peter, things used to be so good between us and now... we can't even muster up words to talk to each other. "It was really draining."

"Well, do you think he wants to talk to you?"

"He avoids me at school."

"Do you think he wants to be friends?"

"I don't know."

"I say you go to that football game and before that, go grab a bite with Skylar, food is on me." he beamed, "I know that aside from your relationship with Peter, you've been having a tough time processing everything with your mom."

"Yeah." I played with my thumbs, "it's been different around here without her. The house is so quiet."

"I know."

"Remember when she would walk around, cleaning the house or doing some sort of work around the house, blasting ABBA all day long? Dancing to 'Dancing Queen' like there was no tomorrow." I laughed.

"She'd drag the two of us to dance with her. If it wasn't ABBA, it was Whitney Houston."

"I miss her. I wish there was more we could've done."

He wrapped his gigantic arm over me and kissed my head, "I know. I do, too."

Masterlist:

Ethan
My Cinderella Story
No Place Like Us
One Night
Love Game

Grayson
Changes
Find My Way Back
A Little Too Not Over You
I Like Me Better
Remember
No Control

Jack G
Holding Back
Redemption (sequel to HB)

Kian
Crush

Tom Holland
Back To You

Peter Parker
Right Now

Harry Holland
Been Here All Along
Dear Harry,