25 + epilogue

Peter's POV

"So, she's been dealt with." I approached Dianna. "We managed to stop her before things got worse, we kept my identity a secret, and other superheroes alive, whatever happens next is on her."

"I thought she was going to be a bigger threat, but I guess it's hard to be considered a threat when you have no clue how to be a villain."

"That or she didn't have a well-developed villain origin story."

"That's valid." she pointed at me.

We sat by the water again in a comfortable silence. I don't know if I should bring up the trust thing she told Skylar.

"So I heard about you trusting me. Your comms weren't really off at the time."

"I meant for you to hear it." she looked at me. "I forgive you. It'll take time to get us back to where we once were but in due time."

"What?"

"This past week or so, you helping me with all of this and saving me today, I realized that I can still count on you. I don't currently have that same level of trust with you as I once did, but that can be rebuilt in time. I'm just not ready to get back into our relationship. I love you, so much, but I'm not ready for it."

"I meant what I said when I said I would wait for you no matter how long it takes. You take your time and I will be here when you're ready."

"Thank you." she gave me a soft look.

"But," I took her hands, "I could really use a partner out there."

"I don't know, Pete. Avenging is your thing, not mine."

"Oh please. I know how good it felt to put on a suit and save people. You were really feelin' it."

She pursed her lips, "it was pretty neat..."

"There's strength in numbers right?"

She took a few seconds to think about it, "maybe."

"That sounds better than a no." I kissed her.

Epilogue

Dianna's POV

8 months later

Peter and I have started dating again and we're thriving in our relationship. It's been three months of us officially being together. Our communication skills have really improved throughout the duration of us being friends to being boyfriend and girlfriend again.

Today is our graduation day and we've got a bunch of the Avengers here. Each of us losing someone we loved really brought us all closer together. With them already having had some sort of relationship with my dad, close or distant, we all came together for monumental moments, such as a high school graduation. Carol and the Guardians even came.

After losing my mom, I didn't think that I'd have much of a family to fall back on other than my dad when things got rough. All of these people proved me wrong. They've been there through it all. Wanda stopped by often and Sam would call to make sure I was okay.

"With all of that being said, I would like to congratulate this graduating class."

The crowd clapped and hollered. The party was at my house. Everyone was here.

"Thank you guys for coming." I smiled.

Pepper approached me, "I'm so proud of you and I know Tony would be too.

"To watch you graduate? Of course we were going to be here." Wanda said, "with everything and everyone you've lost, you could use some family to be there for you. I would've come whether you wanted me to or not."

I hugged her. She's literally the older sister I never had. She and Dad got off to a rough start, but things are chill between them now.

"It's supposed to be a party, not time to get all sappy." Sam said.

"He's right." Peter replied.

We went around, mingling with each other before I snuck out to visit Tony.

"Hey, Tony. I finally graduated. Of course you knew that because you were there. I felt it. Not that I had any doubts of you not showing up, but I'm glad you did." I set the flowers down, "I kept forgetting to tell you but I got into MIT. I leave for orientation in a week and a half. I'm excited, a little nervous, but the excitement cancels it out. Don't worry, I'll be sure to come visit you any and every time I make a trip home. I'm assuming there will be quite a lot of things I'll have to update you on.

"Peter and I's relationship is a lot better this time around. I think us being partners has helped. I don't know about this long distance thing but we'll see how it all plays out. Our communication skills have improved. We get into arguments here and there but working it out is a lot easier now, like actually working things out. Not just working it out for the sake of our relationship. I think you'd be applauding upon hearing that news.

"Thor inducted me into the team. You probably would've been against it for a couple weeks before you came around. Dad was. But I also think that once you did come around, you'd be more than happy to be working together as superheroes and not just lab partners. That was part of the plan afterall." I paused. "Everyone's doing fine. We all miss you."

"Thought I'd find you here." Peter walked over as soon as he heard me getting quiet.

"Why'd you come here? Not that I'm complaining or anything." I kissed him.

"I saw you leave the party and figured you'd come to give Tony an update on all that's been happening."

"And you were right."

"He'd be proud of us."

"Yeah... he would be."

We heard some glass shattering and car alarms go off.

"Guess that's our cue huh?" he asked.

"Last one there has to pay for the next date."

"That's not fair, your watch comes with the suit." Peter whined.

"Sounds like a personal problem." I shrugged. Before I left, I turned back to Tony's grave, "I'll see you later, Tony."

End of Secrets

Masterlist:

Ethan
My Cinderella Story
No Place Like Us
One Night
Love Game

Grayson
Changes
Find My Way Back
A Little Too Not Over You
I Like Me Better
Remember
No Control

Jack G
Holding Back
Redemption (sequel to HB)

Kian
Crush

Tom Holland
Back To You

Peter Parker
Right Now

Harry Holland
Been Here All Along
Dear Harry,