15

Peter's POV

What was she about to tell me? Was she about to tell me that she regrets kissing me last night?

She pulled me into a classroom and started pacing back and forth.

"Calm down. Breathe." I held her in place, "hey, breathe."

She exhaled, "Skylar's planning on finding out who Spider-Man is and she wants to kill whoever's behind the mask."

"What?" I sat down. I'm trying to process everything. I've done nothing wrong, or at least I don't think I have. Is this Skylar's way of getting revenge on me for hurting Dianna? It can't be because she doesn't know who Spider-Man is... yet.

"What am I going to do?"

"I'm going to do everything that I possibly can to make sure your identity stays safe. But there's more..."

"What?"

"She wants all superheroes gone."

"Hang on... she wants all of us gone?"

"She said that she was tired of being so reliant on superheroes. If we work together, we can probably conjure up something. Like old times."

I half smiled, "like old times."

The bell rang, "meet me at my house once you're done patrolling." She kissed my cheek and walked out of the classroom.

I finished patrolling the streets for the time being and went over to Dianna's as instructed. I wasn't even focused on protecting the streets today.

"I know we agreed that we were going to come up with a plan together but I had a free period because our teacher didn't show up and started thinking."

"What's your plan?"

"I sneak into Skylar's house, copy every file she has on her drive, we figure out what the next move is from there. She uses encryption keys that I have never seen in my entire life. I don't even think Tony's ever seen them and he's seen almost everything."

"Are you trying to get yourself killed?"

"We're not exactly on talking terms right now so I can't just walk in there. Plus I know the ins and outs of her house. I know where everything is."

"What if she changed the password to her computer and stuff?"

"She hasn't changed her password in years. If anything, I can always hack into her computer and go from there. You can be on comms and keep an eye on things from here."

"What if I go instead?"

"If you go as Peter, she's going to get suspicious. She and I get into a fight and suddenly you're going to visit her? Seems suspicious to me. And if you go as Spider-Man, she's going to try to murder you."

"I don't want you to put yourself in danger like that."

"I'm always putting myself in danger being associated with you, being Raava from time-to-time, being Tony Stark's protegé. The list goes on and on. Come on Peter. Let me protect you for once."

I hesitated, "if she catches you, I'm swooping in. I don't care if she finds out my identity."

"I'll be fine." she pulled up the security cams in Skylar's house and went to change.

"Where did you get that suit?" I asked when she walked back out.

"According to Pepper, it's one of the last suits Tony ever made."

"Oh."

"Neat isn't it?" she spun around. "It's a lot more comfortable than my last suit."

"I see you got a head start on things." I pointed to the computer.

"I was going to do this with or without your approval anyway. Let me know if you see anything."

Half an hour later, I saw her leaping through Skylar's window.

"You know, we never got to talk about that random kiss in the history class today."

"Now's not the ideal time, Peter." she whispered as she started downloading the files in Skylar's computer.

"We're going to have to talk about it sooner or later."

"It's one of the things that happened in the spur of the moment."

"Do you regret it?"

She froze for a bit, I couldn't tell if it was because she didn't know what to say or if it was the security camera.

"No." she said as she started typing stuff into the computer.

I saw Skylar walking down the hallway toward her room.

"Skylar's coming."

"Only a couple more seconds."

"D, I don't think you have a couple more seconds." I started panicking.

"It's almost done." she argued.

"Dianna, you need to get out of there."

"Just one... got it." she slid out the window.

Skylar looked around her room to see if anything was missing.

"Don't you ever worry me like that again." I pulled her into a hug the second she stepped foot into the lab. "Now I know how you feel when me and/or your dad are out and being heroes."

"The hard part is not knowing whether or not you guys are going to make it home."

"Were you ever going to tell me about the suit?"

"We were broken up when Pepper gave it to me. It was a 'men ain't shit' present."

"Wow. Okay."

"She said that with everything in my life going downhill, maybe the suit would help me feel better and it did. I'm not complaining though. It's very form fitting and comfortable." she beamed, "Nanotech."

"My suit is probably more comfortable." I smirked.

"That's because I designed it. You complained about one of your suits being 'a little tight around the old web shooter', if my memory serves me right because you wanted it to look cool and dismissed all of my ideas. You're lucky I convinced Tony to give Happy the suit to give to you so that you can try it on before you went to fight Steve. Because if I didn't, I don't think you would've been at your peak defense that day."

Dianna and I are on the right track to becoming friends again. I believe in due time, we'll be boyfriend and girlfriend.

"If I'm going to be swinging around in a suit, I want it to look cool."

"Yet you ended up liking my design." she leaned into me, "because the look you created was uncomfortable the second Tony gave it to you."

"Yeah well..." I wrapped my arms around her waist. She didn't say anything about it.

"Tony had the tech. I had the designs. Together, we combined our ideas and put it all into one suit."

"We're going to figure this out."

"Of course we are. It's us. We figure almost everything out."

"Dream team."

a/n: bitchin'