24

Dianna's POV

"Hey, Pep–" I picked up the phone.

"Actually, it's not Pepper." Skylar said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to bring Spider-Man to me. In return, I'll give you Pepper and Morgan back. And I don't think you want to hesitate."

"Why is that?"

"Talk." Skylar yelled.

"Dianna." Morgan cried, "she's being mean to me."

My eyes widened, "let them go you prick."

"I don't think I will."

"Let me talk to Pepper."

"The Rescue suit wasn't working. I did everything I could."

"Pepper, it's okay. You're going to be okay."

"Enough with the chit chat. Bring me Spider-Man to Tony's little lake house in one hour or these two precious souls will be seeing Tony Stark sooner than they anticipated."

"You keep his name out of your mouth."

"One hour." she hung up.

"What's going on?" Peter walked back outside.

"She has Pepper and Morgan."

He froze.

"She told me to bring Spider-Man to her in an hour or she's going to kill them."

"Let me help you."

I hesitated for a second, I didn't want him feeling like I was sidelining him again.

"Okay. Swing by the Avengers Tower to see if she's there. Or if anyone's there for that matter. She said to bring Spider-Man to Tony's lake house but I think she's got a couple henchmen going to get more files for her."

"How are you so sure?"

"She needs people's identities to know where to track them without having to wait for danger to come for them to make their appearance which would explain why she'd have henchmen at the Tower. She's very impatient. We don't have time to waste." I paused, "are you sure you got this one?"

"I'll report back to you once I get there." he kissed me.

"You take care of the henchmen. I got Skylar."

"DIANNA." Morgan yelled.

"I'm gonna get you out of here, okay Bub?"

"SHUT UP. THE BOTH OF YOU." Skylar shouted, "where's the Spider?"

"Not coming."

"You came here to watch them die didn't you?"

"Not today." I threw an icicle at her.

"While you're here trying to handle me, I've got a bomb going over to the Avengers Tower right now." she dodged it.

"Spider-Man."

"On it."

"But while you're here handling me and thinking you're causing a distraction, Spider-Man's at the Avengers Tower right now fighting all of your crusty henchmen."

"You think you're steps ahead of me, don't you?"

"Seems like it."

She pulled out two electric whips, just like the ones Whiplash had. "We could've been a team, D. We could've exposed Spider-Man together, but you chose his side. Why?"