3

Dianna's POV

"Can you not dress like you're about to go somewhere to find pieces of broken tech?" Skylar said.

"I do not look like I'm about to go to a junkyard for technology." I said very offended.

"You need to move on from Peter. It is time to make you look cute so that a football player will ask you out on a date. And yes, I know Nick has warned you to stay away from them, but who knows? Maybe they'll treat you better than they treat him." she winked.

I sighed. I'm not ready to move on. How am I supposed to move on from someone I had a three year relationship with and it's only been a couple months since we broke up. I'm still trying to process everything and take it all in. I've been in denial that we're broken up. I mean, would I want to get back together with him one day? Yes. It depends on where we both are at that point of our lives. I know people say this all the time, but he will always have a special place in my heart.

If he moves on before I do, then there's nothing I can do about it. I'm not going to ruin his happiness for my own selfish reasons.

We always thought about our future together. We'd live in a small house, but big enough for our family. We'd have two kids and maybe a dog or two. We'd live a simple life... well... as simple as it can be with him being Spider-Man, my dad being the Hulk, and me being Raava on rare occasions. We had it all planned out. We didn't care about how unrealistic our plans were.

I think we need time to grow up and mature a bit. Dating a superhero, let alone being married to one, was never going to allow us to have a simple life. I was okay with not living the ideal simple life because of how much I love(d) him. I was willing to give up minor things to be with him and he even said that he'd give up being Spider-Man if it meant being with me. Of course I told him that I wasn't going to make him do that because I know how much he loves being able to save people, but the fact that he even considered it meant a lot to me.

Skylar looked at me and sighed, "I know you miss him. I know you wish things hadn't ended. But it's time you let all of that go. There are boys that have been waiting for you to break up with Peter to ask you out on a date you know that? Like Andrew from our math class, he's been waiting for the longest time."

"I don't care about other boys, Sky. I care about Peter. How do you expect me to move on from a three year relationship so quickly? I can't do that. I'm not ready."

"Well, will you at least dress nicer than that? You look like a truck driver."

I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you have one of Nick's jerseys?"

"Yes."

"Then wear that. I don't see why you two aren't dating yet." she scoffed.

"He's been my best friend since I was born. We tried it out for a bit and it was too weird so we decided that we weren't going to move forward with a romantic relationship."

I opened up my closet and forgot that my suit was in there. When I'm not out playing superhero, I lock myself in my dad's lab and keep myself busy doing lab work. I worked on this with Tony... it brings back so many good memories I had with him.

"What do you think Raava's been up to? I haven't seen her around town lately. It's only been Spider-Man and I'm getting bored. No offense to Spider-Man, but seeing Raava makes me feel empowered." she sighed.

"I don't know. I hope she's doing well though."

After the whole Loki incident, people thought that it would be a great idea taking the daughter of Bruce Banner. Hydra took me and experimented on me the same way they experimented on the Maximoff twins. Thankfully, my dad and Tony got me out of there before they could do more damage than they already had. My powers are a blessing and a curse.

Peter's POV

Ned and I got to the game. It was the second quarter and I was stressing out.

"What if I see Dianna? What if something happens tonight and I'm not there to handle it?" I asked Ned.

"Breathe. Quit panicking. Everything is going to be alright. You've made it almost halfway through the game."

Dianna was always the best at calming me down. She always knew what to say and how to deliver it. She was the best at being patient with me. She put up with all my emotions and was constantly assuring me that I wasn't a burden to her. I'd tell her that there were times that I didn't want to come to her to let everything out because she already had a lot on her plate and she'd always reply, "you're mental health is the first thing I want on my plate alright?"

I looked around the bleachers to see if she was here. The second I laid my eyes on her, time went still. She was smiling and enjoying herself, being here to support her best friend. After a few seconds of me admiring her from afar, our eyes met and I panicked.

"Oh my god. She saw us." I looked straight onto the field.

"Did you say 'hi'?"

"No, we both panicked and looked away."

"Why don't we tell her to sit with us?"

"Ned, I don't think that's the right call to make right now."

"You're gonna have to talk to her eventually."

"Ned."

"Too late. Skylar's dragging her over here."

Things are about to get real awkward.

"Hi, boys." Skylar greeted us.

"Hi, Skylar."

"Hey, Sky." I forced a smile.

"Hi, D." Ned waved at her.

"Hey, Ned."

"Hey, Dianna." I nervously said.

There was a sad look in her eyes but she smiled anyway, "hey, Pete."

I noticed that she was wearing Nick's jersey. Had she moved on already? Stop it, Peter. There's no way she would move on this fast especially with someone she's known since birth. Shut up.

"Are you guys enjoying the game?" Ned tried to break the awkward silence.

"Our team is losing so that's not very exciting." Skylar sighed.

"You never know, with Nick as our quarterback there's hope. He and Roy make a great team." Dianna laughed.

"I'm gonna go to the restroom." I walked away from them.

I couldn't stand there anymore. I still love this girl and I don't know if she feels the same way but being around her, knowing that she isn't my girlfriend sucks. I walked behind the bleachers.

"Are you okay?" Dianna followed me.

"What? Yeah. I'm fine." I turned to look at her. She squinted her eyes. She knew me well enough to know that I was lying. "...why?"

"Well, you were awfully quiet back there while we were all trying to make conversation, I kinda know you well enough to know when you're upset about something, and with my connection to the earth, I know when you're lying. My 'spidey senses' aren't as in tune as yours are, but you know."

"I'm okay." I said softly. No, I'm not.

We stood in an awkward silence before she spoke up, "I guess I'll head back to our seats. I hope you come back and watch the rest of the game with us."

"Yeah, just–just give me a few minutes."

She turned around and walked back to the bleachers.