13

Peter's POV

We made it back to Dianna's house. She let me help fix up the suit.

"Okay, go try this on to make sure everything works right."

Love Her by the Jonas Brothers started playing.

Drive me crazy, make me mental
No other buttons she can push
One second she's Miss Sentimental
Then she's afraid she's said too much.

I set the suit down and held my hand out. She gave me a confused look.

"One dance." I said.

She smiled and took my hand.

"This used to be our song." I said as she wrapped her arms around my neck and I placed my hands on her waist.

"It's really only 'our song' because you had to fight a villain on our homecoming night, missed the slow dance, and insisted on making it up to me."

"It worked didn't it?"

She nodded and chuckled. "I think of the times we danced to this song together and all the things we had planned for the future. All the real and unrealistic things."

"Such as?"

She shrugged, "I'd feel like less of a science experiment and more of a hero and we'd be fighting crime together, side by side. Us out on the field with Ned and/or my dad on comms, warning us about things we probably already knew were coming our way. Or how you wanted to name our first son Benjamin in honor of your uncle."

I think about those moments, too. All the soft moments that we had. We'd dance to the song like we are now. She rested her head on my chest and we continued to dance in a comfortable silence.

I put my selfish ways in boxes
And shipped them back to where they came
Will never let it get close to being toxic
And I promise I'll never walk away.

"I still think we should name our first son Benjamin." I dared to say. I don't know if we have a future together anymore, but in this moment, I wanted to think that we do. She was the first person to notice me. No one else had shown me the love that she has.

She never did anything to wrong me and I wronged her in the worst way possible. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't take me back. If I were in her shoes, I wouldn't take me back. I gave her trust issues. I was the person that she confided to. She trusted me and I went behind her back and had a fling with someone else.

Opposites attract and we're the livin' proof of this
But I keep on coming back like a magnet.

"As long as his name isn't 'Benjamin Peter Parker' as you wanted it." she laughed. She's saying it as if she does still see a future with me. Will that change in a couple days or as months or years go on? I don't know. But for right now, we're okay.

Gotta learn to let the small things go
And know it's always far from perfect
And I know that we can get emotional
But the hardest parts are always worth it.

I spun her. She giggled.

Cause when you love her
No matter the fight you know she's always right
And that's alright
And they say love can hurt
But seein' her smile will get you every time
Yeah, every time
Because you love her, la la la la la la
Love her, yeah.

I dipped her and brought her back up as the song ended. We stood there looking into each other's eyes. I fought every cell in my body to not kiss her. I didn't want her running off the way she did the other night.

"Dianna–" I whispered.

She leaned in and kissed me. The way it felt to feel the warmth of her lips on mine was such a relaxing feeling. I've missed her and I've missed all the small moments we shared. I think this song had our emotions take over. I can't speak for her, but I was overwhelmed with all the memories that came flooding back. All the good and the bad.

She backed away and we both stood there frozen. Neither one of us knowing what there was to say.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have done that." she stuttered.

I took a couple steps closer to her, grabbed her face, and kissed her again. There was more passion in this kiss.