14

Dianna's POV

I woke up the next morning, recalling the events of last night.

flashback

I rested my forehead on Peter's, "what are we doing?"

"Living our lives." his hands still on my face.

"We can't do this." I held his hands.

"Why not?"

"I'm not ready."

He stood up straighter, "I will wait for you. As long as it takes. I will do anything it takes for you to trust me again. I'm not going to stand here and pretend that I don't love you anymore because I do. I do still love you. So much. More than you or anyone will ever know."

I didn't know what to say. I thought that eventually, we were going to get to a point where we both decide that we aren't supposed to be together and that we both need to move on. He'd move on and be with MJ and I'd find someone else that made me feel as loved as Peter did. But here we stood, still in love with each other.

present moment

In the moment that I kissed him, I didn't expect to kiss him. I gave into my impulse and let it happen. I didn't think that there was going to be anything there. I thought that when I kissed him, neither one of us were going to feel anything. But then he admitted that he still loves me and I knew deep in my heart that I still love him too.

I walked to school and didn't know how today was gonna go. After my argument with Skylar last night, we've established that we're no longer friends and I don't see how we can move past this. After that moment Peter and I shared last night, I couldn't tell him what she was up to. How was I supposed to bring it up to him after we had just been soft with each other? It would've ruined the moment.

"Hey." Nick walked over to me.

"Good morning."

"Where's Skylar?"

"We're no longer friends."

His eyes widened, "why?"

"You were right. She's up to no good."

"How do you know this?"

"I'd rather not talk about it." I sighed.

"That's alright." he watched me grab some books for my first few classes. "Would you like a tall, handsome man to escort you to class, madame?"

"Sure, where is he?" I looked around.

"You suck." he held his arm out for me.

"Don't you have class right now, too?"

"We have a sub today so I'm not too concerned about my attendance."

Unknown: meet me behind the bleachers at lunch.
alone.

I know who this is and if I'm wrong, I'm going to be very surprised.

"Glad you came." Skylar turned around. She hasn't been in any of her classes all day.

"What do you want?"

"I don't want to fight with you. I want you to help me."

"I'm not going to help you build a murder suit."

"Why do you care about them so much?"

"Because they're my family."

"Come on, Dianna."

"I'm comfortable with where I stand."

"You know who he is don't you?"

"I didn't spend every single day of my life with Tony Stark, so no. I don't know who Spider-Man is." I really hope this is convincing. "Nor do I care because he's doing all that he can t–"

"To KeEp ThIs CiTy SaFe. I know. You're such a prude. Live a little. You're so annoying. This is why I hated being around you."

"Then why stay around for so long? You didn't just stick around because you felt bad for me." I crossed my arms. "You stayed around because you knew that no one else here would be in your corner if you did anything wrong. You knew that if you were at least associated with me, then you'd have someone to rely on."

"Shut up." she lunged toward me.

I learned some swift defense moves when I did some soul searching in Asia. I met a couple monks that taught me how to chi block. Blocking someone's chi causes the victim's muscles to become useless and temporarily disables a person's abilities, basically I'm temporarily paralyzing someone. A master chi blocker is able to control the damage done by the technique. When I was first learning, after the monks found out about my abilities, they figured out a way to train me, better than Tony was able too to be honest–he tried and that's what counts. My master started our training by chi blocking me so that I know what it feels like, I was able to move, but not bend. After gaining back my body's consciousness, we went for a second training session where they blocked my chi again but this time, I couldn't move at all and I felt pain. I use these moves when I don't want to expose myself as Raava.

I had Skylar's face pinned against the wall, "the last thing I want to do is hurt you, Sky. You have the power to stop this. Leave Spider-Man and the other heroes alone."

She laughed with venom in her tone, "you think I'm scared of you, Banner? Just because you're the daughter of the Hulk doesn't mean that I'm scared of you. Just because you know the Avengers doesn't mean that I feel threatened by you. You should be threatened by me."

"You can barely hold me off, you don't know shit about technology nor hacking, what exactly am I supposed to be afraid of?"

"Watch your back. I'm coming for all the superheroes that walk on this planet. That includes your dad and Raava. I am tired of feeling so reliant on superheroes with all of these abilities. It's pathetic. It's time we rely on ourselves."

"Do you hear yourself? People still depend on our shitty police officers. Not everyone is a fan of our web-slinging hero. You just want to be the only hero so that you feel useful. Stop all of this. I'm done asking nicely." I threw her to the ground and walked to my locker.

Peter caught a glimpse of me and walked over to my locker, "what happened to you? Who hurt you?" he inspected every inch of my face like I usually do to him. "Who did this to you?"

"Peter, I'm fine."

"Skylar did this to you didn't she? Where is she?" he looked around.

I held his face in my hands, "it's okay. I'm fine. It's just a couple scratches."

"No. You're–"

"I need to tell you something."