17

Dianna's POV

We're starting our mission, I guess you can call it. I'm gonna go over to Skylar's and see how this all goes.

"What are we exactly?" Peter asked behind the comms, "I mean we've kissed like twice now and it doesn't really feel awkward between us."

"Why do you always wait until I'm out to ask about our relationship?"

"I'm too scared of getting shot down in person."

"Well, I guess this can be our test of trust."

"Let's see where this goes."

"Okay, I just got to Skylar's. Are you ready?"

"More ready than I'll ever be."

"Hey, Winston. Is Skylar home?" I asked her butler. Skylar's dad has people waiting on them often. They claim they're not rich, they're "comfortable."

"Good to see you, Ms. Banner. Ms. Skylar is in her room right now."

"May I come in?"

"Of course." he stepped aside.

I knocked on her door. Here we go.

"What do you want?" she harshly said as she opened her door.

"I want to help you build your suit. On one condition."

"Which would be?"

"You leave my dad alone. Untouched–not even a single strand of hair on his head."

"Why the sudden change of heart?" she crossed her arms.

I sighed, "personal things and relationships have been taken from me because these 'heroes' can't do their job right."

"Ouch." Peter said.

"I see you've come to your senses."

"Do we have a deal or not?"

"If you cross me, don't expect me to show mercy."

Oh trust me, I'll be the one showing mercy.

Peter's POV

After Dianna walked into Skylar's room, all signal was cut. I couldn't hear anything that was happening.

"Dianna?" I called, "D, can you hear me?" My heart was going a thousand miles a minute. I know she's not helpless but I can't help but worry.

There was no response. I tried to get everything back up and running but I'm assuming Skylar's using signal jammers. Dr. Banner even tried doing everything he could to get things back up but we couldn't do anything. This is why she's usually the one behind the computer.

20 minutes later, I heard Skylar talking. I checked the security cameras to see that Dianna was walking out of Skylar's room. I let out a breath of relief.

"Good work today, Banner."

Dianna walked out, "Have a good day, Winston."

"You too, Ms. Banner."

"Did you get all of that?" Dianna asked once she stepped foot out of Skylar's house.

"No because we lost connection after you went into Skylar's room."

"She's using signal jammers."

"Do you think she's going to catch on?"

"I personally don't think so."

"While you're out, there's a building fire on Seventh Avenue. There are still people trapped inside." I said, "are you up for it? I can go if you're not."