12

Dianna's POV

There was a soft knock at the door. When my dad went to answer it, no one was there, but the Spider-Man suit was left on the ground.

"You think he heard any of it?" my dad asked as he picked up the suit.

"Probably."

"You gonna talk to him?"

"Not yet. The argument is still fresh and with him hearing everything I just said, I think we both need some time apart. Not that we haven't been spending time apart, but you know what I mean."

Getting into arguments with Peter were always the worst. It would get to a point where we'd go days without talking. And when we finally sat down to work things out, it didn't really go anywhere. We were just making up to save our relationship. We should've broken up the first few times we argued, but we let it keep happening in this repetitive cycle and now we can't even be around each other without arguing.

"I'm going over to Sky's. There are some things I want to talk to her about." I got up, "and before you say it, I'll be sure to be home by curfew." I kissed my dad's cheek and left.

Skylar still doesn't have a phone so I'm gonna go over there unannounced. Plus, if I catch her trying to hack into something, I can get mental confirmation that Skylar and her dad are up to no good. I can figure this out on my own. I don't need Peter.

"Hey." I said as she opened the door.

Her eyes widened, "hey."

"What are you up to?" I asked.

She stuck her head outside of her door, checking left and right, then pulled me into her room. "What I'm about to tell you, you can't tell anyone. Not even Nick. Okay?"

"Alright?" I gave her a confused look. I had to act clueless even though I think I knew where this was going.

"I'm building my own suit."

"You're what?" I definitely was not expecting to hear that she was building herself a suit.

"I want to get rid of all the superheroes that walk this Earth. Starting with Spider-Man."

"Why?"

"I'm tired of relying on them so much."

"Skylar, what?"

"Anyway, you know how I told you that my system managed to hack into something with heavy firewall?" I nodded. "I think it was Spider-Man's suit."

"What?" I looked at her.

She cheered, "I hacked into Spider-Man's suit."

"I don't think that's something you should be celebrating. All he does for us is keep our city safe. Don't you think the protocols in his suit should be left alone?"

"I am tired of everyone depending on superheroes to come save the day. We should all be relying on ourselves to keep our homes safe. Not some guy in a onesie with a mask."

"What has he ever done to deserve this?"

"Why do you want to protect him so bad? You make it seem like you know him personally or something."

"Because he's protected us."

"You're going to protect the person who sat idly by and watched Tony Stark die?"

"There was nothing he could do."

"Okay, D." she rolled her eyes.

"This isn't the Skylar I befriended two years ago."