5: Dinner

Let's just say, it everything was awkward. Very, very awkward.

" The pastas good." Ben broke the silence that sat over the table.

" Thanks, babe." JoJo shot him a small smile before returning her attention to Sky and Cara. She caught Bexley shooting a sympathetic look to Natalie, who was much more interested in her napkin. JoJo barely saw Josh whip out his phone and send a short message. Bexley glanced at his screen, nodding in approval.

A few minutes later, a clear knock was heard.

" Oh thank God!" JoJo sprung from her seat, sprinting to the door.

" Subtle." Cara called after her. JoJo threw the door open to come face to face with Dan, Iain, and Nick.

" Friends!" JoJo squealed, pulling them into hugs.

" Friends?" Ben jumped up from the table.

" Friends!" He called, hugging them.

" I wanna see friends!" Sky jumped out of his chair, almost colliding with Cara in the way.

" What is happening?" Natalie whispered.

" Some old friends came to join." Bexley smiled, sending her an easily interpreted look.

" God bless." Levi muttered under his breath. Bexley gave him a weird look before standing to greet their friends.

" We brought alcohol!" Dan announced.

" Yay!" JoJo cheered.

" Should we be alarmed that the youngest of us all can drink us under the table?" Josh raised his hand.

" Nah." Natalie shook her head, still very confused. After brief introductions and some very suggestive looks, everyone was acquaintanced.

oOOo

" Bexley, we might've found somebody who can school you at poker." Iain called as Natalie beat him at another hand of poker, passing his last Hershey's bar to her.

" Unlikely." Bexley laughed from the kitchen where she and Josh were doing dishes, as a married couple would.

" Hey Sunshine!" Ben called from down the hall.

" Yeah?" JoJo called back from her spot between Dan and Cara on the couch.

" Where is our Trivial Pursuit game?" He shouted.

" No Trivial Pursuit!" Nick lept up from the table.

" What, why?" Levi jumped a good six feet away.

" The girls team up and always win." Iain said, casually shuffling his cards.

" Then why is Ben getting it?" Levi asked the obvious.

" Probably because JoJo, Bexley, or Cara told him to." Sky retorted.

" We all know better than to not do what they say." Iain shrugged.

" Essentially." Nick sat back down.

" Just so we're clear boys," Bexley and Josh emerged from the kitchen," This was my idea."

" See, you can't argue with mom." Sky sighed.

" Oh-kay..." Levi looked to Cara in confusion.

" Found it!" Ben announced, dropping the game on the table.

" Let's play!"

oOOo

" Why are they do smart?" Nick banged his head against the table as the girls won the game.

" I vote we don't let them team up against us again!" Ben called.

" Agreed." Josh shouted, banging his fist onto the table. Bexley gave him one look and he revoked his statement.

" You guys are strange." Levi muttered.

" Yuppers." JoJo nodded as Ben began braiding her hair.

" Is it always like this?" He asked.

" Yeah." Natalie sat back against her seat.

" Wild." He mumbled.

" Quite." Bexley said dryly.

" Is it bedtime?" JoJo leaned heavily into Ben.

" Do you do anything but sleep?" Sky retorted. JoJo glared at him, throwing a chip at him.

" Children." Bexley chastised.

" Sorry mom." Sky mumbled.

oOOo

" That was awkward." JoJo commented as her and Ben sat on her bed.

" Really? I didn't notice." Ben chuckled.

" Like, really, really awkward." JoJo spun her paperclip ring on her finger.

" No shit." Ben tossed a pillow at her. JoJo laughed, then heard her phone ping.

" Who's that?" Ben asked as JoJo went to grab her phone.

" Elizabeth." JoJo opened the message. Ben watched her expression drop.

" Lillian just got admitted into the hospital."