48: Closing Night Part I

" This is so crazy." JoJo commented as the cast gathered for dinner at the theatre. Seeing as she was five months pregnant with twins, she couldn't dance anymore. But Kennith had added a few crossing scenes with her and Ben for the fun of it.

" It really is." Bexley agreed. It was closing night. Their final night on tour. Katrina was already sobbing. Penny ran over to hug her.

" I just can't believe it's almost over." Natalie sighed.

" Yeah." Bexley glanced over to Cara, who appeared to be in her own world.

" You good, Cara?" She elbowed her lightly.

" Yeah, I'm fine." Cara nodded. She was due any day but insisted upon playing for the final show.

" Hello, ladies." Nick sang as he and Ben made their way over.

" Hey." Natalie beamed.

" I'm not ready for it to be over." JoJo muttered sadly, hormones taking over.

" God damn it." She sighed dramatically. Ben chuckled, wrapping his arms around her.

" I don't wanna cry yet." JoJo's lip quivered.

" Blame the hormones." Natalie smiled sympathetically.

oOOo

Bexley stood in her dressing room, bracing herself against the counter. She wasn't sure what came over her, but she suddenly didn't feel great. She quietly made her way to the restroom where she stayed for a few minutes before emerging again. As she made her way to her dressing room, a realization hit her.

" Oh shit-"

oOOo

Cara sat in the pit, preparing for the show. Something felt off to her. She couldn't exactly place what. She began warming up, ignoring the nagging thought that something was off.

" You just had to do the last show." Tyler laughed from the piano.

" Of course." Cara grinned cheekily.

" You sad yet?" Kaylee asked, pulling her violin out of it's case.

" No, not yet." She ignored the sharp pain that shot up her back. Kaylee caught her wince.

" You good?" She asked quietly.

" Yeah." Cara smiled easily.

oOOo

" Bexley, what's wrong?" Josh caught her before going onstage.

" Nothing's wrong." She smiled.

" We've been together for seven years, I know when something's wrong." Josh deadpanned.

" I-um-can we talk about it later? It's nothing bad, I just, don't think backstage two minutes before curtain is the best time." Bexley said hurriedly.

" Okay. As long as you're okay?" He asked.

" Yes." She assured him. He nodded, starting to slip away.

" Normally you kiss me but okay." She muttered. He turned quickly, giving her a deep kiss.

" Ew." Nico wrinkled his nose.

oOOo

" Intermission!" Chaz cheered as they ran to their dressing rooms.

" You guys are way too excited for intermission." Jane laughed.

" You didn't know this already?" JoJo teased.

" Can we please do King of New York?" Jeff begged.