Chapter 3

Viren Khanna

The early morning rays were peeking through the curtains of my windows, disturbing my sleep. "Vee...Vee wakes up boy its early morning and you are still sleeping??" , I heard my dadu Tejpal Khanna say. Yeah, he's the one who wakes me up.

"Dadu just 5 more...the bed is so comfy and same goes to the climate" I sighed and pulled the blanket over my head.

"Then why the hell did you ask me to wake you up. I should be enjoying my sleep like you right now. Because of you, I'm awake." whined my dadu.

 "So that you can stay healthy and good, dadu", saying this I got up from my bed and went towards my bathroom.

After finishing my morning chores I got dressed in tracksuits and wore my Adidas black jogging shoes, went downstairs to see my dadu sulking like a kid.

"Let's go, old man....dadi we're going out", I shouted so that my dadi Harleen Khanna can hear. 

" Good job Veer.... make sure that old man does some exercises " I heard my dadi say.

"Says the one who doesn't do anything other than eating" was my dadu's reply to dadi.

"Dadu she wakes up early than us and goes for walking and she does do everything other than eating... it's you who don't do anything" I replied.....and I heard him curse something.

"Did you say anything", I asked raising my eyebrows at him.

"Nope. Nothing. Let's go", he said. Smiling at him we started towards jogging park.

On reaching the park, we saw all age groups doing something. Some couples with their toddlers,  some people like my dadu formed a circle and carrying out their laughing therapy.

But you see my dadu was not doing anything...not even walking. 

"Stop I'm tired," said my dadu. 

" Old man we reached here just now....like just now...we didn't even start walking and you are saying you're tired" I replied.

Ignoring my talk, " Wow......Vee looks the girls are looking at us...not us....me.... they're looking at me", I heard him say, and turned around see some girls ogling at us. Precisely looking at me.

"Old man you want me to say this to dadi... I think she'll take a good class of yours ", I replied to him grinning.

" You're no fun, Vee... I know the girls are looking at you. Look the girl in the red shirt is looking beautiful.... you're 26 and still single..... come on boy...get yourself a girl" said my dadu.

Sighing to him, I replied " dadu no one is like maa, dadi and Preeti. All are money minded and behind looks. If I'm not good-looking or not having a good amount of bank balance none will look at me. True love doesn't exist dadu ".

" It does exist, Vee, we just need to hunt down. Like how you try to grab a deal. Same to same, instead of the deal here it's love. Simple. Just because you didn't see anyone like the women you mentioned you can't say that true love doesn't exist. Wait are you waiting for someone like her??. "

" No one can be like her dadu. She's unique in her own. "

"Ok let's have bet today. You'll meet someone like her or what if you meet her. I'm sure you'll meet someone. My heart says. That girl will turn your life upside down. You'll see her like she's the only girl existing in the whole world and you'll feel something. It'll be a foreign feeling for you. And...."

"Dadu she's not this world and halt right there. Nothing is gonna happen like that. A single girl can't turn my life upside down. And stop seeing romantic pictures. It's not good for your age. I should say this to dadi."

"You can say anything to that old woman, I know she'll scold me, but when I say this 'love topic' to your dadi, she'll support me, whilst you'll be sulking like a kid " saying this he started laughing.

"Okay okay... now let's stop this nonsense and do something productive", I replied.

"Noooo"

"Yes"

"Nooo"

"Yes"

"N.."

"Yes and that's final. " he huffed hearing my words and we started doing our workouts.

After 1 hour of jogging and workout, we left home. I saw my dadi and my younger sister Preeti praying in our temple. Preeti was dressed in a baby pink Patiala suit. Completing their prayers they both greeted us.

"Hey old woman, get some protein shake for my grandson and me. " Said my dadu.

" I think till now your legs were perfectly fine, so go and fetch the drinks by yourself you old man", replied my dadi adding extra pressure on the 'old man'.

There they go....again they started their silly fighting. These two are the perfect example of Tom and Jerry. But love each other immensely. There's no one who could show true love in this fake world.

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Preeti shouting.

"Dadu, Dadi stop your morning fights. You guys are worst than kids. Dadi serve me breakfast I'm getting late for my college and Bhai go get ready.... don't waste your time on them"

"Yeah, your right" saying this I left towards my room.

After taking a warm shower, I was dressed in a navy blue three-piece Armani suit with a white shirt. I wore my woodland black leather shoes and headed downstairs for breakfast.

Arriving in the dining room, I saw my sister dressed in an olive green mandarin shirt matching it with white jeans. She looked beautiful.

'Of course she's my sister she'll look beautiful only.' I thought.

Settling on the table we had our breakfast. While eating I heard my dadu say,

"I'll accompany you to the office today".

----------------

Your views about the chapter....please do show some love...

Please Do press the vote, comment, and share keys...