Chapter 34

Double update ✨
_________________

Akruti Arora

He narrated all the incidents of his life to me. Sad. Happy. Proud. These were the emotions I was currently feeling. I wonder, how much fights he would have faced getting over this. And as of love, he said that one of his friends were in love during college, it seems their relationship didn't last. Because that girl kept betraying on his friend and also tried to make a trick with him.

' That bitch!! How dare she!!', I thought.

He sat near me with tears trickling from his eyes. I wiped the tears that were dripping from my eyes. I need to be strong for him. Whatever the circumstance might be. I made him face me and dabbed his tears away. It pained me to see him like this. His eyes held many emotions. I cupped his face and kissed his forehead. 

"I'm there for you Viren. I'll promise you that, you won't face any hardships alone. I'm gonna be there with you. In joy and sad." 

He gave me a teary smile and cuddled me. I patted his back to calm him down. Entangling myself from the hug, I cupped his face again and told him, " Mom and Dad will be so glad to see you now. They'll be elated to know that their son has achieved this much at a young age. I just wish I could meet them one day and tell them how the gem of a person you are."

"What did you say?", he quizzed me, looking shocked.

'Did I say anything wrong?' my heart queried me. 

'Ah!! I guess so chatterer', my mind countered back.

"Umm...V-Viren??"

"What did you say at the start??"

"Umm...Mom and Dad??", it was actually a question rather than a statement.

The next moment I know was being crushed by his hug.

'What the hell is happening ?'

 I reckoned he's gonna shout at me instead he hugged me. But my subconscious cleared my doubts.

'Side effects of being in your company'.

____________

Viren Khanna

I was so happy when she called my parents 'Mom and Dad'. I'm realizing that I'm blessed to have her in my life. At first, I guessed I heard wrong. But when she again told me, I just hugged her. I pulled away from the hug and cupped her face. 

She was looking cute with a confused face and pout. I literally wanna kiss that pout. So I just gave a quick peck on her lips, before I can loose my control. Her eyes widened on my action. I chuckled at her reaction and pulled her close to my heart.

"Why did you call them mom and Dad?", I asked her.

" I felt it will be right to call them as mom and dad rather than aunt and uncle. And also if I call them mom and dad, it'll make me feel even more closer to you", saying this she raised her head and gave me a cute smile. 

My eyes pooled with tears. How lucky I am to get this woman in my life. I just love her.   

I love her.

Did I just say that I love her? Oh my God. I'm in love with Akruti.  I was a fool, not to realize my feelings. It's been more than months I've known her, and I loved her from the start. But, I won't tell her soon, else she'll get scared. Let's take this relationship in a slow path. I can wait for a lifetime for her to love me. I tightened my hold against her. 

She's like a happy pill. My happy pill. Even without knowing, she pulls me out of my gloominess. We just sat in my cabin, in comfortable silence, just hearing our breath.

...........

Weeks passed by and we didn't get any more messages or any posts. We all came to the conclusion that it was just bogus. Our life was going in a smooth way. Akruti, Nila, Daksh, and I went on double dates. And sometimes Sharav too joined us. Till now the girls don't know the story of Sharav's crush.

 But...you see there's always a 'but' in our life to create problems. I couldn't help but think about the messages or posts.

It was Sunday and we planned an outing with our lady loves with Sharav joining us.  After bidding goodbye to dadu, dadi, and Preeti, we reached Sharav's car. Our mobile pinged with notification. 

"I'm ready - My moon"

" I'm ready - My happy pill "

Daksh and I read our messages respectively. On hearing the nickname we gave for our lady love we laughed out loud. Controlling ourselves, I asked Daksh why the name moon.

He blushed like a girl and replied, " Her name means moon. So I thought of making her my moon". Hearing his reply Sharav and I chuckled. I sat on the passenger seat and Daksh on the driving seat. Then Daksh and Sharav questioned about the nickname I gave Akruti.

"Whenever I feel sad and cry about my past, she pulls me out of the gloominess even without her knowledge. A smile from her is enough to make me happy. So the name happy pill", I told the reason with a proudness in my voice. 

Daksh and Sharav looked truly happy for me. They're like my brothers. "Okay now start the car before the girls could go mad", I warned them chuckling. Laughing Daksh started the car when my mobile started ringing. 

"See I told you to start the car, now she's gonna give me a lecture", saying this I attend the call. 

"Akruti, we're on our way. It's full of traffic. Barely wait for a few minutes we'll be there" I kept on speaking, and the boys were snickering silently, I just glared at them. But I didn't hear her speaking. 

"Hello!!! Akruti??", I kept on saying. 

"I guess you don't check the caller ID before attending your call Mr. Khanna", a hoarse voice spoke from the other end. Well, I couldn't identify whether it was a woman or a man who called me. I immediately looked at my mobile, it showed, ' UNKNOWN ', as the caller ID. The boys were silently watching me. 

"Hello, who are you?? What do you??", I started firing questions for the person at the other end. 

"Well, my heart breaks on hearing this Mr.Khanna, I thought you would have recognized the moment you looked at the caller ID", the person told me in a sarcastic way. 

"What do you want us to do?? And why are you doing this??", I questioned the person back.

"Go to the address I'm giving you. And talk to the people I'm telling", saying this the person ended the call. 

I narrated everything to the boys. They were shocked as me. We immediately called the girls, informing them about a sudden emergency situation. 'Our old friend has met with an accident and his mother called us'. This is what we lied. Thank goodness we got thoughtful girls in our life. 

They even asked whether they can come to support us. But we declined the offer and asked them to stay safe. We parked our car on the side of the road and were waiting for the call or any hint from the person. Then I heard my phone ringing. This time I checked the caller ID. I put my phone on speaker.

"Here note this address", the person said and Daksh started noting down. After saying one more thing, the person cut the call. It clearly confused us. The last words were.

" Take care of Sharav"

_______________

So reveal your thoughts on this chapter.......

Do vote, comment, and share.......