Chapter 26

Viren Khanna 

We reached Delhi after 2 hours 15 minutes journey. Our car was waiting for us. We were staying at Daksh's Penthouse. It was already 3 in the afternoon when we reached. We were so exhausted that we hit the bed the moment we entered. After taking a nap for 2 hours we were sitting on the couch in the living room, watching some series. 

Daksh's penthouse has three master bedrooms, a kitchen attached with the dining, a spacious living room, a gym, and of course a gaming room. We can't live without gaming. We didn't want any helper because we were staying here one night and the next day we'll be leaving for Paris anyway. 

And my mind went a certain russet brown eyes girl who wasn't there with me for the past one week. Somewhere in Delhi, she'll be enjoying the wedding. I can't help but wonder what's she'll be wearing.

I turned to look around Daksh and Sharav. Daksh was pondering over thoughts just like me. He likes Nila. She's a sweet girl. And Sharav obvious to anything was watching the series. I mentally chuckled at the thought. 

Around six in the evening, we got ready. Even though we were attending our business associate's daughter's marriage. We need to keep our image. After taking a warm bath, I dressed in a grey blazer underneath wearing a black crew-neck T-shirt and wore a grey trouser matching my blazer. I wore black loafer completing my looking. Wearing my Fossil grant Fs5237 dark blue watch I came out of my room. 

I saw Sharav dressed in Blue blazer matching it with Black turtle neck T-shirt and black trousers, whilst watching the series. Sighing heavily I sat near him. I looked around to find Daksh.

"Looking for Daksh??", Sharav questioned sitting beside me.

"Yeah. It's 7 already we need to go there soon.", I replied.

" He's getting dressed. I think he's gonna take more time getting ready than the bride. I bet he'll be taking the bride's place instead", saying this Sharav burst out laughing and I joined him too. Suddenly our laughter was broken by Sharav's phone call. Seeing the caller ID his expression changed into a grim one. 

"Yeah...What??? What are you doing here??....No I'm not there....I've some work...I can't tell you everything.....Just cut the call", he yelled at the person on the other end. I knew whose call it was. He cut the call angrily. 

"Hey calm down", I told him.

"How can I calm down when they are here.", he replied me gritting his teeth. I remained silent not knowing what to speak. 

" I loath myself to be their son. I'm ashamed myself to call them my parents.", he said looking at nothing in particular.

"Hey!! It's okay calm down", I repeated the words again. 

"No Veer. It's impossible to calm down. And I have hidden some events of Sara's childhood from everyone. I was the worst brother she could get. I couldn't even stay there with her. I also knew you had some different kind of feelings for Sara. Not like the one I had for Preeti. It was like the one uncle had for aunt." 

Hearing this I turned my head somewhere else. I was sure I had feelings for Sara. But now it's for someone else. I couldn't help but notice one sentence, 'he hid something from us.'

"What did you hide from us?? ", I questioned him.

"My parents tortured Sara during childhood. Once they were talking something about prophecy and all. Because of Sara, my parents would face their end like that. So they beat her, didn't feed her sometimes. It was not after she was born. It started way before she was born. You remember my mother had a complicated pregnancy with Sara. Because she intentionally fell from the stairs."