Chapter 13

Akruti Arora

It's been two days since I started working. The working atmosphere is pretty well. Mr.Khanna too is good, he's kind and all. I meant in the boss's way. I even carried my work stuffs home to complete the presentation. The presentation was about the profits that the company has gained in recent months. I'm actually surprised. A young boy starting a company on his own and reaching the topmost company in India is beyond imagination with many branches across the country.

Damn that guy.

The company in which I work is related to Fashion. The company - designs, holds fashion shows, has it's own clothing line called VK Clothings, I know you guys have a doubt that how can I work here. Let me clear your doubt, I hold an undergraduate degree in Fashion designing from FDDI university.

People tend to say 'your job is easy just with cloths, you have to design that's all'. My dears, if anyone says this dialogue just punch that person for me. It takes hell a lot of works. From measurements to choosing the fabric, from drafting to patterning, from draping to stitching, it's a big process.

Yesterday after completing the presentation, I sent a copy to my boss for verification of any mistakes. He did respond replying to me 'okay'. Just 'okay'. What the hell man?? Can't he appreciate....dumb boss. Today I got ready in a maroon shirt and black jeans and tied my hair in a fishtail braid.

My head is aching so badly. I don't know why? Even when I slept I heard some voices like 'he's there for you.', 'he'll save you from them'.I also got blur images of some people. But I don't know who they are? And how are they related to me. It's like a mystery.

After grabbing breakfast I made way to Nila's apartment. I called her and asked her to get me an Advil. On reaching her apartment I immediately swallowed the tablet with water.

'Yuck, it tastes bitter'. I didn't inform my family because they'll worry too much.

Reaching the office we went to our respective cabin. Even though Nila's boss hasn't arrived from his trip yet, she had so much work to do. Guess her boss doesn't do any of the work. I greeted my boss 'good morning' with a small smile. He just curtly nodded.

'This man is too much. What will happen if he greets back? Will his shares come down?. I wish his voice vanishes just like that. Poof. Then he'll know the importance of voice and speaking.'

After he entered his cabin, he buzzed asking me to report to his cabin with his doppio. He runs this much big empire, can't he make his own doppio.

'This muttonhead, I tell you'.

Knocking his cabin door, I entered after receiving a 'come in'. Handing his doppio, I notified him, the meetings scheduled for the day.

At, 10 he had a meeting with the company, 'The idea's ', for the upcoming fashion runway. The theme was Wedding collections - from gowns, sarees to lehengas. So the hall would be decorated as if it's going to held a marriage. I was amazed by the way he interacted with the event planners, even listening to their ideas.

' Gosh, this man is something.'

I noted all the points that might help in the future. Then he had a meeting at 12 with 'Krasiv' meaning 'beautiful', in Bulgarian. The 'Krasiv' company deals with cosmetics. I think he wanted to step into the cosmetic region too. Dang the way his jaws move whilst he speaks. I was practically drooling at him.

'What the hell is wrong with you??', my subconscious popped up from nowhere.

'Already your head is aching. Don't add too much pressure to it', my subconscious reminded me.