Chapter 11

Akruti Arora

Nila came out of the cabin smiling. When asked she replied to me saying they'll give her a call if she's selected. I congratulated her. I felt very happy for her. When both were chatting I heard my name called.

'Yeah I was the last one to be interviewed'

"You attend and come I'll wait here. And best of luck. ", she said. I thanked her and went to attend the interview.

I neared the CEO's cabin and knocked on the door. I heard a faint 'come in'.  I looked around his office. It was so manly. One side was painted black and the other three white. The theme of the whole room was black and white. I felt that I was actually inside a black and white movie. I entered and saw the guy, sitting with his head held between his palms.

 'A stressful day I guess", I heard my sub-conscious say. 

'Okay guys it's time for you to shut up' I told them. Of course internally.

I greeted him with a 'good morning sir', but he just nodded his head. 

'How welcoming he is', I heard my mind say. 

' He's tired I think ', my heart reasoned. 

'Seriously they're back again' I thought. 

My heart really skipped a beat seeing his face. Handsome & hot. These were the words that popped in my mind after seeing his face. Damn. His face looked as if it was carved from a stone. His black eyes bore into my russet brown eyes. He was just staring at me like he has seen a demon.

 At first, I thought something was on me, but after a minute or so, still, he didn't blink his eyes.  

'Okay now it's creeping us out', I heard my sub-conscious say. 

I flickered my finger in front of him and called him, "Sir??".

All he responded was "huh". Like seriously. What the hell is wrong with this guy? Noticing that he started creeping me out, he quickly changed his demeanor into a cold and arrogant one.

'Wow. I mean, how the hell did he do that?' 

"Y-yes. S-so what's your name?", he asked me stuttering. 'Am I intimidating him or what? The CEO of Khannas Inc. is stammering. That too, for a person like me?'

"Akruti Arora", I replied.

"Beautiful name, just like you", I heard him mumble something like that.

"Excuse me. What??", I asked.

"Nothing". 

"Okay".

"Your CV please!!", he asked me.

' A CEO saying please. My my this is something else. He's not looking like an arrogant and jerk CEO.' I thought.

As I passed my CV, our fingers slightly brushed. I felt a spark and immediately glanced at him. He too had the same look as mine. We had an eye-lock for a second, and he instantly cleared his throat. He did a quick glance over my CV. 

"Impressive. But you seem to be fresher tho." He asked me. 

"Yes. I'm. ", and he nodded in response. He asked me a few questions regarding some business situations and I answered him confidently.

"Okay, Miss. We'll give you a call if you're appointed", He said, I nodded my head, thanking him I left.

'Will I get appointed??'