Chapter 33

Writer's view

The Ahujas too received a post being addressed to them. After seeing the content in the post, their face lost its color. They couldn't think straight. It was a handwritten note. They started reading the content.

Date: 10.05.1997

Today I got to know that Rakesh is involved in drug dealing. I never thought he could take part in such things. He has a son who needs to be taken care of and another child who's going to be born in a few days. If he needs money, he can ask me. But what's the need for trading drugs? When he can ask me for help. I don't know whether I should tell this to others or not. But I'm truly disappointed with him. That's all for today.

Skimming this both Rakesh and Sheela were sweating precisely. It's someone's handwritten note. But whose it is, is still a question mark. There was ultimate silence prevailing. Breaking the silence, Sheela questioned Rakesh.

"Who could it be Rakesh? I can't recollect whose handwriting this is? Maybe, it can be Vinesh's or his father's?"

"I'm thinking the same, Sheela. The person who's having the journal is the one who can destroy us. From this, it's clearly seen that this person writes everything in the journal. This means every single detail about us will be there. Oh, God!! We should get the person before, everything gets exposed". 

To this Sheela nodded her head actively. But abruptly Sheela questioned him again.

"But how can we find the person Rakesh? Even the message didn't show the number. And now this post also doesn't have the sender? How can we reach that person.?"

"I'm thinking about the same Sheela". Just then Jogesh their servent came with another letter. 

"Sir the security guard asked me to deliver this to you", saying this he placed the letter on the table and was about to leave the place when Rakesh stopped him.

"Yes sir" 

"Did you see anyone? I mean the person who delivered the letter"

"No sir. The security guard told me, it was a mailperson who delivered the letter."

"Oh okay. You can leave now."

Thanking him the servant left the place. Now he opened the letter again. This time it read, 

" You had many peaceful nights till now, but now I'm promising you that you won't sleep from now on"

They didn't know what to do. Surely they can't ask anyone's help. else their dirty past might come out, which already started.

"Rakesh do you think we should ask Sharav about this?". Rakesh immediately answered a 'no'.

"If he gets to know this he'll surely bring us down. We'll try to figure this by ourselves". Saying this they again sat in silence thinking what the person will do next. 

_____________

Viren Khanna

After reading the articles and the letter, we just sat numb, not knowing what to do. Who is this person? What does he/ she need from us? And most importantly what's with my parents in this? Didn't they just help the police in this? 

These were the questions running in my mind. "Don't you think we should talk about this to Dadu? He might actually help us in some way. ", said Daksh. 

"Yeah, he might....but don't you think it might affect his health when the past opens again. I can't afford to loose him too Daksh. Think of me as selfish, but I can't let happen anything to him or dadi." , I replied and Sharav too agreed.