Chapter 15

Akruti Arora

It's been a day since I saw Mr.Khanna. I was embarrassed even to show him my face. Asking me why? After I came to consciousness that day, I remember our positions, I'd slept by hugging his torso and he too slept by placing his chin on my head. Thank God no one saw that. I was embarrassed by our positions. So I quickly got up from the couch, waking him up in the process. Both we were so embarrassed even too look into the eyes of each other.

I quickly thanked him and left his cabin, before he can ask anything. While coming out of his cabin, I bumped into Nila. The moment she saw me, she quickly hugged me and cried.

"Do you know how worried I have been?? I even told you that we'll go to the doctor. But no. Madam won't hear what others say. Right?" , Nila seethed in anger. I gulped so loudly that even other people could hear. 

"N-no..i-it's n-not like that", I replied her stammering.

"Ah, I see". She replied in a sarcastic manner.

"Nila I swear. It was just a normal headache. If I again experience this sort of headache, I'll make sure, we'll go and consult a doctor. For now, let's leave this. And don't need to say anything to our family. Else they'll worry too much. Please Nila", I pleaded to her with my puppy face. She sighed heavily, and I knew that I won the game.

"But you won't be driving the car. I can't allow you to drive the car in this situation. So let's book a cab and go", she said. I was about to speak when she cut off me.

"Either we'll go by cab or I'm telling this to our family.", she threatened me. I just huffed in response. 

"But what we'll tell them if they question us about the car?", I asked her.

"Simple. We'll tell them either the car got punctured or the car ran out of fuel."

My jaw was hitting the floor. How easily she came up with an excuse. Dang, I'll need her help in the future. "Now go get your stuff, it's already six, we should get going." , Nila told me.

Nodding my head in response, I headed towards my cabin. Collecting my bags and stuff we headed towards the ground floor, and we went outside the building. On reaching outside, Nila opened her mobile to book a cab, when we heard a baritone voice calling us. I don't need any spells to know whose voice is that.? Yes, it's my boss's voice. 

"Aren't you guys gone yet?", he questioned us on reaching.

"No sir, we're booking a cab to reach home", Nila answered, whilst I kept elsewhere except him. It's so embarrassing, awkward, etc. etc,

"You guys always go by cab?", he questioned us again. Argh, can't he just leave?

"No Sir. Usually, Akruti will be the one to drive and she'll drop me. But after what happened a few hours back. I can't let her drive today. So I'm booking a cab.", she replied to him.

"It's so late to go by cab now. If you don't mind I insist you people that I'll drop you", he asked us, and my eyes were wide opened.

"NO", I yelled at him. Both turned towards me, raising their eyebrows in a questioning manner. 

"No...I mean. I don't want you to take the pressure of dropping us. We'll manage ourselves, Sir. Thank you for your concern Sir", I replied without looking at him. Damn his eyes do make me feel something. Surely he's trying to hypnotize my mind. 

"Yes, sir she's right. We'll go by ourselves. You don't need to take any pressure. ", Nila replied agreeing to me. I mentally thanked her in mind.