Chapter 42

Viren Khanna

Six months.

Its been six months since she's gone. No one knows where she is or how she is? It's all because of me. If I had controlled my anger that day, I wouldn't be sitting here alone dwelling in her thoughts. Even though I was the reason for her disappearance, both the family didn't say a word to me.

I'm almost living like a dead person, just the difference is that I breathe. My bedroom and my office cabin, these two are the places I go to. Where ever I go, it just reminds me of her. Sometimes I just cry in solitude. How my life was when she was there. Because of her, I started to live again. I started to smile, laugh, crack jokes just because of her.

My thoughts were broken by a knock on the door. Dabbing my tears I replied a faint 'come in'. I saw Sharav entering my cabin. I don't know what happened to him. He kinda looks lost. I feel guilty, even to see him. He cleared his throat and started speaking.

"Viren, these are the papers, regarding the new company being opened in London. I want you to make sure everything is right. Just skim through the files, and then give me a call", saying this he kept the file on the table and turned to leave when he stopped on his track hearing my voice.

"I'm sorry Sharav", I told him, with my gaze meeting the floor.

"For?", he asked me, turning to face me.

"Because of me, Pari is not here. If I hadn't yelled on her the other day, she might not have disappeared. I'm really sorry Sharav", I told him sincerely. 

"You know whats your problem Viren, you jump to a conclusion without hearing out the other person's explanation. From childhood, you do this. I always asked you to be mature, but you wouldn't change yourself. You speak whatever comes to your mind, then feel for whatever you spoke. At least change this behavior of yours", saying this he left my cabin.  

I still remember the day, when everyone told me what happened after I left.

"Why Veer, why didn't you hear what that poor girl wanted to say?", dadu questioned me with tears in his eyes.

Everyone including her now parents, Deeksha mom, and Navjot dad were sobbing. Preeti stood in front and glared at me in a way, that I felt my mother was glaring at me. 

Then Nila and Preeti told me everything. From Pari's amnesia to all the plannings. I just slumped on the floor and cried my heart out. I let go of my Pari again. I could never forgive myself for what I did to her. 

I fucking hurt her. Sahil, Sharav, and Daksh pulled me in a hug and cried along with me. 

"Don't worry we'll find her together.", said all the three of them. I wonder, how they're controlling their anger.

It's been six months and still, we couldn't find her. I don't know where she is?  Whenever I close my eyes, it's her image that pops. Her smiling face, her confession every single thing. I closed my eyes and a single tear escaped my eyes. Just then my cabin door burst open to see, Sahil and Preeti fighting over something.

"No.. he won't come ", Preeti told him in a challenging way.

"He will come", Sahil retorted at her.

'Who will come? And most importantly where?', I thought. 

And I also wonder, how did they fall in love in the first place. They are worst than cats and dogs. They fight like kids, then patch up like nothing had taken place. And no one will believe they're gonna get married in the next two weeks. I sighed at them.