Trust Me

Corinth's Pov

" Say hi to Catherine," Caleb said contentedly while pointing at his motorcycle. It was about waist length tall and it oddly resembled the one he rode to do deliveries.

He looked so beautiful smiling, it kind of made me blush. The innocence in his voice. He seemed so different from before.

" I mean, Catherine is a beauty and I'm grateful yes, but I'm going to have to humbly decline your offer."I retorted.

He appeared to be offended and his once jubilant expression faded. His eyebrows arched a bit before he muttered something under his breath.

"Suit yourself" Caleb said harshly.

" I dont have another way of getting home." I confronted myself and he looked weirdly at me.

"Ok but please go slow, we don't want a repeat of last time and your infamous driving ability." I said in a playful manner.

He handed me the helmet and climbed on first and attaches his. Leaving out a few strands of his hair. I noticed that his face was peaceful, he was handsome, no doubt about it, but something about it could calm the onlookers, give them a sense of belonging. But reality tapped my shoulders and told my heart my new secret and with that, my inner organs started a panic party with sweat as the outer defence mechanism.

" It's not that bad." he stretched his hand out toward me." Trust me?"

" Trust is hard to give to someone you barely know," I said in a monotone with hints of intent. I motioned toward him ignoring his hand that was waiting to receive mines. Placed my legs over the bike and planted myself unto it.

He revs the engine and spins around to look at me.

" Is there something that I can help you with? " I asked. He doesn't say anything and softly laughed in an amusing way.

" Well, not exactly but you know you're going to have to wrap your hands around me now right?" He pulled down the front of his helmet hiding his eyes from the suns incoming daggers.

I mean I've always seen those cliche scenes in movies; with girls looking at the guy's sweaty back, that was pressed against them and the boy romantically glancing over his shoulder to meet her stare. Yuck

I was nervous, not because of what everyone would suspect, but of touch. Of touching a man, of being inches away from the skin. I closed my eyes unaware of how my body would react. When my hands came into contact with something hard, gliding my hands up and down, I even pinched something that felt like a raisin. Why wasn't it repulsive. Why haven't I stiffened up? Was it the motorcycle I was touching?

Caleb clears his throat and it brings me back to a sense of the material. " Do you mind?"His tone was more harsh than playful.

I felt so embarrassed that I didn't say anything and with that, we were off. I was glad that he didn't insist on me explaining why I just did that.

The speed he took off in startled me, but I soon settled into it and just let go. The wind cutting through danced on my clothing and my hair joined the wind in a ceremonial duet. I closed my eyes bravely while I allowed the movement to soothe me. To allow the insanity in the speed to give me back my sanity. It was the most thrilling moment in my life and I immediately felt addicted.

I heard a chuckle and I opened my eyes to meet a smiling Caleb, looking directly at me through the mirror. I could tell He was amidst the tinted lens because I had grown accustomed to what those hazel eyes looked like. He notices that I notice him and looks straight ahead. " It's quite exhilarating isn't it?"